Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Decorative bottle

Pages: 1 9 replies

Someone of Facebook posted a picture of a new liquor bottle that's held (I think) by a tiki. It might be a Galliano bottle but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I looked on their website and see no mention of it so I may be wrong. I've scoured my FB feed and looked on all the tiki related groups there that I'm part of but am at a loss. I thought if ANYONE would know it would be somebody here. It's one of those things that consume me. Once I get an idea in my head I can't stop. The last one was the Pisco Moai bottle. I got it 5 months or so ago and haven't even opened it. I just like how it looks.

Mahalo for any info....

I think you are right about that. I think I saw it on Instagram. Hopefully the poster will see your thread here and post a pic...

S

Hey Robbie, wat’s the story on dat tiki holding da bottle? Izzat one of your creations.
Btw, I was over at Hi-Times restocking and I spotted a gift pack w/ Galiano and a pretty cool tiki mug. Had to have it. Soon as I get my camera repaired I’ll post a pic.
Later cabron!
David

S

No David, that's not mine at all. It's a new one by Tiki Farm and i think the one that Lori is asking about. I do know the gift pack that you are talking about though and that's a different mug.
Hope you are well.

Thanks Gentlemen!

I know I saw that picture but I'm still a little confused. I thought that mug was the one in the box with the Galliano! In any case he's super cute. Now to find a picture of the one that comes in the gift set.

(FTR, I don't know if I've ever even tasted Galliano, lol.)

Mahalo!

Edited to add this picture. Totally NOT the mug Swizzle posted!!!!!!

:)
Lori

[ Edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2014-10-09 16:16 ]

I think the one with a tiki hugging the bottle is only given away in contests?

https://twitter.com/GallianoLiqueur/status/492021577760768001

The box set with the white mug is nice, they are on the shelf here now and I bought several today for gifts.

On 2014-10-09 19:03, rev_thumper wrote:
I think the one with a tiki hugging the bottle is only given away in contests?

https://twitter.com/GallianoLiqueur/status/492021577760768001

The box set with the white mug is nice, they are on the shelf here now and I bought several today for gifts.

I bought mine at Hi-times in Costa Mesa,Calif. The Mug is on the small size (Probably 8 oz. or so) but I bought it cuz I think it looks cool. Doing a little checking online I found out that this was hardly Galianos 1rst gift pak with a tiki mug. Don’t know who’s designing or making em. Google Galliano tiki mug.
Cheers

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-10-09 21:03 ]

A few different people posted it. One seems to now be a giveaway and the other is included in the gift set. Look on the Galliano USA Facebook for the contests. Tiki Farm created both designs. You used to be able to buy the tiki hugging the Galliano bottle on http://www.bols.com, but I can no longer find it on their website. Thor created the Tiki Huggi Muggi, which is what Galliano is calling it.

http://www.chilledmagazine.com/Cool_Products-detail/galliano-offers-a-tiki-gift-set-for-the-holidays/

Lucas Bols, the world’s oldest distilled spirits brand has announced that it will release a limited-edition Galliano Tiki Gift Set beginning in October in time for the holidays.
With its complex, sophisticated, herbal nature, Galliano has been an important ingredient in tiki cocktails. Classic examples include the Freddy Fudpucker and the Hurricane. To celebrate the tiki trend, Galliano presents three easy-to-make, holiday inspired tiki cocktails and a hand-made, custom designed ceramic tiki mug.

The Galliano Tiki Gift Set includes a 375ml bottle of Galliano L’Autentico, one custom ceramic Tiki mug designed and manufactured by Tiki Farm along with seasonal Tiki recipes
The “Kon Tiki”: The Galliano Tiki Mug, also known as the “Kon Tiki,” is a reproduction of an iconic mug introduced in the 1940s. Though there are a number of variations on the original design, the mug’s source of inspiration was the Tiki God painted onto the mainsail of Norwegian adventurer Thor Heyerdahl’s “Kon Tiki” raft made famous through his journey across the Pacific.

Cocktail Recipes:

Harvey’s Holiday

Ingredients:

1 1/2 oz. Jamaican Rum
1/2 oz. Galliano L’Autentico
1/2 oz. Grenadine
1/2 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Preparation:

Build in a Tiki mug and swizzle with crushed ice
Garnish with a mint sprig and grated nutmeg
Harvey in Hawaii

Ingredients:

2 oz. Tequila Blanco
1/2 oz. Galliano L’Autentico
4 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
Preparation:

Build in a Tiki mug filled with ice cubes
Float Galliano on top
The Ginger Beer Man

Ingredients:

3/4 oz. Galliano L’Autentico
1 1/4 oz. Dark Rum
3/4 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
Top with Ginger Beer
Preparation:

Shake all ingredients except ginger beer and strain into a Tiki mug filled with ice
Top with ginger beer
Garnish with a lemon wedge and a mint sprig

-Lori

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2014-10-10 08:48 ]

F

I was at Hi Times this afternoon and saw they still had some of these galliano Kon Tiki mug gift sets, in case anyone still wants one.

Pages: 1 9 replies