Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Wurm's Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 10 replies

W

Hi everyone! I'm new here and am in the process of having an outside bar build here in Michigan. This is my layout. This is a condo so there is not much room so we thought we would use the existing deck on the upper floor as a roof and enclose the bottom with a bar. The floor will be decking. The outside will be enclosed on two sides. The third side will be the existing condo wall and the area facing the hot tub will be the bar area. I have turned in the paperwork and just waiting until we get the ok from the condo association (cross your fingers). Construction will probably start in the spring if all goes well. I will take plenty of pics and updates as we go. Thanks for having me everyone.

This first step is to decide to build one so you're on your way. Good luck with the approval.

Cool another Michigander! Where in Michigan are you?

I agree...having a plan is a good thing. At least you will now have time to detail out your plan. In the meantime, you can collect some mugs and Tikis and rum. Have fun!!!

Good luck with your build and dealing with the condo board! I hope they're easy to please. Vamp's right - plenty of time to plan and start buying mugs and tiki collectibles for decoration.

Cheers

What am I looking at here?

W

Hey guys! Thanks for all the motivation. I am South of Port Huron in Michigan. Still haven't heard back from the association yet. Someone asked what they are looking at. That is a walk out basement. The deck leads to the upper floor. The Tiki is going to be build underneath. The bar will be attached using the existing deck. Almost like a shed only the side facing the hot tub will be the open bar. I hope you guys can picture it like I can.

W

Whooooo Hoooooo...got the ok from the association. Construction will begin soon. I'm getting really geeked. Also, leaving for the Caribbean at the end of the month. Busy busy busy.

Glad you got the HOA approval...I know how long that takes. I look forward to your build and don't forget the Tikis. Have fun on your vacation.

How's the build coming along?

Pages: 1 10 replies