Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge 12-10-14 Xmas Show No. 1

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: December 10, 2014

It’s that most tubular and tinselated time of year to mark the holiday season in true Tikiphile fashion. So pour a generous dram of your collegial Christmas cheer into your most festive Tiki mug and settle in to savor the sweetest sounds this side of Christmas island.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived, but some listeners choose to record it on their computers to listen later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It also can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “Holiday Hula” by the Maile Serenaders from the copious collection: Mele Kalikimaka -- A Hawaiian Christmas Party.

2. “Eight Tiny Reindeer” by The Brothers Cazimero from their holiday horn of plenty: Caz Christmas, composed by Roland Cazimero and Chucky Boy Chock.

3. “Mele Kalikimaka,” written by Robert Alex Anderson, sung by Amy Hanaiali’i on her Compact Disc: A Hawaiian Christmas, with Jeff Peterson on Acoustic and Electric Guitar, David “Chino” Montero on Ukulele and Stephen Jones on Bass.

4. “What Child Is This” and “God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen” performed by Taimane Gardner, taken from the creditable compilation: An Ukulele Christmas.

5. “Joy to the World” by the Hawaiian group Hapa from their scintillacious CD: Hapa Holidays, with Keli'i Kaneali'i and Barry Flanagan on Vocals and Acoustic Guitars and Doug White on Bass.

6. “Children Go Where I Send You” performed by Nina Simone in 1959 at Town Hall, New York City, found on the creative compilation: The Best of Nina Simone -- The Colpix Years.

7. “Gee, Baby, Ain t I Good to You,” composed by Don Redman and Andy Razaf and recorded by The King Cole Trio in 1943, taken from the combustive compilation: Jazz Noire – Darktown Sleaze From the Mean Streets of 1940s L.A. [CD TWO] (2:54) Fantastic Voyage, 2011. TRACK 2

8. “Christmas Time Will Soon Be Over,” recorded in 1927 by Fiddlin’ John Cameron & His Virginia Reelers from the historical document: Where Will You Be Christmas Day?

9. “Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming” waxed by John Fahey in 1968 on the lapidarial LP: The New Possibility.

10. Composed by John Wallowitch, “Liz and Ralph and Calvin” was recorded by Blossom Dearie in 1996 for her alimentary album: Christmas Spice So Very Nice, featuring the eponymous Ms. Dearie on Vocals and Piano, with Mike Renzi on Synthesizer, Jay Berliner on Acoustic Guitar, Jay Leonhart on Bass and Grady Tate on Drums.

11. The Steve Allen song, “Cool Yule,” performed by The Brian Setzer Orchestra on their hip session: Dig That Crazy Christmas. (2:30) Surfdog Records/WEA, 2005. TRACK 10

12. “Mary's Boy Child,” recorded by Arthur Lyman on his seasonal CD: Merry Christmas.

13. “East Village Hanukah” limned by the Metroplitan Klezmer and found on the chanukahlicious collection: A Chanukah Feast – Volume II.

14. “Christmas on TV,” laid down in 2005 for the audio-visual album: Chris Isaak Christmas.

15. The Curtis Williams composition “Jingle Jangle,” recorded in 1995. by Los Angeles conflagration: The Blue Hawaiians on their azurial LP: Christmas on Big Island, with Mark Fontana on Vocals and Bass, Mark Sproull on Electric Guitar, Bron Tieman on Steel Guitar and maxwellvision [CQ] on Drums.

16. “Silent Night,” composed in 1818 in Austria by Franz Xaver Gruber to lyrics by Joseph Mohr and waxed in 2012 by The Mermen on their snow-laden CD: Do You Hear What I Hear: A Very Mermen Christmas, featuring Jim Thomas on Electric Guitar.

17. “Winter Wonderland,” The 1934 song by Felix Bernard and Richard B. Smith, was taken from the seasonal CD: Christmas With the Puppini Sisters.

18. “Moonbows for Christmas” performed by the Maui Prep Student Choir on the 2006 appelational album: Moonbows for Christmas.

Pages: 1 0 replies