Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Starting bar build in GA

Pages: 1 17 replies

Having moved from a small apartment in Los angeles to a rental house in Georgia, we now have significantly more space for the bar area. Stuff is still in storage, but have had some local scores and been building lamps. Got the table for free, the papasans for 60 and the sleeper couch for 30. Will not be thatching the walls or ceiling since its a possibly short term rental.

resin lava bottom in progress

bottom in progress

in progress

in progress

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2014-12-16 07:32 ]

[ Edited by: OceaOtica 2014-12-16 07:36 ]

T

Awesome, looks like a great start!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 16, 2014 8:55 AM

Go Cass,Go!

Ghee, I go to Germany for a couple of months and look what happens!

Best wishes for your new digs and life, you will be sorely missed, old friend.

I missed out never meeting you face to face. I think I still have some of your emails in a scrap book. I hope your new state works out for you. I'll enjoy watching you work on your bar, Wendy

Great Lamps!

Nice! Looks like were both in the same boat..My wife and I moved from LA to Marietta GA a year ago.. Im in the process of building my own tiki hut on my back deck

Your lamp work is fantastic. Best of luck with your ongoing collection, looks like you are scoring some great items. Have fun setting up your bar.

storage unit finally unpacked, after having moved to GA in July and our current rental house in about 4 months ago. Will be nice to see my vintage mugs again they have been in storage fro 7 years since we had not had space to display them at our apartment in NOHO.

some masks

some mugs

the OA Suffering Bastard
Thanks everybody for checking out the progress and the well wishing! Robzifer look forward to seeing your progress, hopefully you will join in and post some photos. I am familiar with Marietta. We landed in Peachtree city then relocated to Lawrenceville. Grog and Sven, will miss you guys. Hope you are well, glad to see GROG makings more arts and Sven congrats on the new book and world tour!
Wendy, well hopefully there will be a face to face on this coast at some point or on a future trip visiting LA
Bar progress will be slow but will try and post photos as i go!

F
Fugu posted on Fri, Dec 26, 2014 7:50 PM

Welcome to Georgia! If you need some good Hawaiian food during construction, try Waikikie Hawaiian BBQ. (http://www.waikikie.com). It's a bit of a hike from Lawrenceville, but if you are in the area it's definitely worth a trip.

Hey Fugu, thanks for the welcome and recommendation. Will definitely have to check it out at some point. Catch you at an event here sometime!

A little progress hanging

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 29, 2014 10:23 PM

You hung them crooked. Next time wait until you are sober to hang stuff. :)

O

Grog, what is this sober you speak of?

Harvested bamboo up in South Carolina. Now have approx 100 various diameter 7' to 8'
poles to build shelving, lamps, etc with

Started unpacking mugs

Wow Cass, love that resin/lava combo! Great to see you getting set up!

E

Off to a good start

Cool start, if you need any large bamboo let me know I live in Roswell and I am the Tiki Rancher! check out my blog http://www.tikirancher.blogspot.com love to know people in GA with good taste!

O

tamminjoe and tikirancher thank you! we are actually now going to be moving again, same city, but moving none the less, so back in to boxes it all goes haha

Pages: 1 17 replies