Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Don The Beachcomber Mug Christmas Tragedy :(

Pages: 1 9 replies

H
Hearn posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2015 10:47 AM

Calling All Fellow Tiki Centralite's!

A great tragedy has befallen The TomAndrea Lounge in Virginia. Our prized mug, Don The Beachcomber Himself! was accidentally knocked over by our two-year old daughter during the Christmas Break. Much like Ralphie Parker's Luminous Leg Lamp in A CHRISTMAS STORY, my attempts to crazy glue him back together were met with sad failure.

If there are any kind souls out there with spare copies of this mug who would be willing to sell/trade...please let me know (I will pay a fair price/trade). My collection is incomplete without his presence :(

K

Is this "the" variation of the mug? I won't exactly be the first one at Don's but I will be there on the 24th and could pick one up for you.

H
Hearn posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2015 10:59 AM

On 2015-01-05 10:54, kkocka wrote:
Is this "the" variation of the mug? I won't exactly be the first one at Don's but I will be there on the 24th and could pick one up for you.

Thank you kindly for responding :)

This was actually one of the original versions (white plaster base signed 'VERMONDE?') Are they making replicas for this at Don The Beachcomber's now?

Hearn,
the "Variant's" are available in 2 colors.
shoot me a pm wid your email addy and I'll fire back sum pix.
David

I don't think they ever made replicas of that original version you lost - just the later, "Fat Asian" version:

(…and the modern Art Snyder-like)

H
Hearn posted on Tue, Jan 6, 2015 5:19 AM

Ahhhhh...I see. Yes mine was the "longneck" original.

Oh well...like Captain Ahab I will be scouring the Sea of EBay in search of my white (actually yellow-brown or green) whale!!!!

L

There were (are) four replicas (plus the two Art Snyder versions):
Don the Beachcomber Mug Modern Long Neck Green

Don the Beachcomber Mug Modern Long Neck Yellow

Don the Beachcomber Mug Modern Short Neck Brown

Don the Beachcomber Mug Modern Short Neck Green

Any of these would be pretty easy and not too expensive to replace. Replacing a vintage one will require deep-pockets and patience!

White whale hunt may be right. The Ooga Mooga page for the long-neck, three sightings is 7 years with an average price of $269!

DC

I never understood why they re-made the chubby guy, and not the original "Marina Swinger" one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGwb787Mxko :wink:

H
Hearn posted on Tue, Jan 6, 2015 5:24 PM

On 2015-01-06 10:10, Dustycajun wrote:
White whale hunt may be right. The Ooga Mooga page for the long-neck, three sightings is 7 years with an average price of $269!

DC
And one of those was mine....the horror....the horror

Pages: 1 9 replies