Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Lost Lake

Pages: 1 7 replies

Just opened in Chicago, by Paul McGee of Three Dots. Can't wait to hit it: http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150113/logan-square/lost-lake-tiki-bar-opens-tuesday-look-inside

Still haven't been back to Chicago since Three Dots opened, but with McGee behind the cocktail menu, it seems like another quality spot for some tropical-inspired cocktails and pupus. I dig the piranha swizzle in this photo:

Hopefully the warm body scene there is better than what I read Three Dots attracts on busy nights, but, hey, busy nights keep doors open, so not complaining. Don't know Chicago neighborhoods well enough to know what kind of crowd the Avondale/Logan Square area attracts.

The neighborhood around Lost Lake definitely skews younger, hipper than downtown (3 Dots)...lots of "beardo" types. I predict it'll do well as quite a few "craft" cocktail bars are located in the area. I've noticed most of these joints from time to time offer a classic Tiki drink on their menus, which I'd say has helped the Cause overall.

I don't see the tikis.

TT

I went to Three Dots last March and Paul was behind the bar and Martin was a customer asking him all kinds of questions about drinks. Kind of awesome they are pairing up!

K

Suggesting we move to "Locating Tiki"

J

I already added the location to the Locating Tiki section. It would be good if we could move the discussion there.

J

I already added the location to the Locating Tiki section. It would be good if we could move the discussion there.

Pages: 1 7 replies