Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Aloha from Germany

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hi all,
last year I tikified the small garden of my house, and I really love how it turned out. Therefore I decided that I want this style also for my living and dining room. During the next months I'll build a tiki bar, and post some pictures to document the progress.

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Sounds like a great project. Pictures would be great.

Aloha from the Zen Tiki Lounge Podcast

http://www.zentikilounge.com

Hi Tim,
Welcome to TC!
It's so great to hear another bastion of tiki culture being established in another corner of the world.
Best of luck in your home "tiki-fication" adventures and please do let us see your progress with occasional photo updates.

Cheers!
20th Century Man and Kalola Kini

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Ok, then let's start with some pics of my project.
That's how the garden in front of my terrace looked like before I started working on it in 2013.

That's how it looked 2 days later:

That's probably not exactly Tiki style, but at least a first attempt to make my garden look a little more tropical. The winter in Germany can be quite cold, therefore the selection of suitable palms and other plants is quite limited. I also put a heating cable under the gravel to protect the roots from freezing.

In 2014 I continued the work on my garden. I removed the ugly garden shed, built a wooden terrace with a small pool next to it, and added some more plants...

...and the first Tiki stuff

Pages: 1 4 replies