Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 7: Back to the Tropics

Pages: 1 2 66 replies

Next - Friday evening toast with Marty Lush and Crazy Al, more room parties, and The Hula Girls sets. The Hula Girls had a really energetic show that got people moving pretty much from the first song.

Higher resolution versions are up on Flickr.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8oBNCu

kevin

Next: art show photos, more Caliente Tropics tikis, a couple symposium photos, Glasgow Tiki Shakers, and the Ding Dong Devils at the Poly Hai Prom (wish I had more photos here, but let's just say the "camera" had trouble focusing).

That big gap in the early evening? Sometimes one gets a little tired.

Higher resolution versions are up on Flickr.

kevin

Last batch, from Sunday. A little vending, and more of the new Bosko art (and one of the non-new shields).

See you next time, Tiki Caliente.

Do you have anything in a 17XL?

Higher resolution versions are up on Flickr. I assure you, some of them are best seen in high res.

kevin

Thanks Kevin!
Super bummed I wasn't able to make it out :cry:
but I do see a lot of my favorite people in your photos. :sheckymug:

You were missed, ATP. Hope to see you soon!

kevin

Sigh.....
Bummed I missed this.
Such is life.
:-/
Jeff btd

Thanks for the pics Kevin

Jeff btd

Those are some awesome pics. Thank you to Rory and everyone who made this such a great Caliente! Even the weather was spectacular.

Jon, is Rory wearing your wife?

On 2015-05-19 01:19, bigtikidude wrote:
Thanks for the pics Kevin

Jeff btd

You're welcome Jeff. Missed you there but we'll catch you at a show soon I'm sure!

kevin

Thanks Kevin,
I was texted by a few people asking where I was.

Jeff btd

Sometime during Caliente 7, the ever elusive "Monkey Men" were rumored to have been spotted.
Now, there's never been confirmed documentation on them, just half assed claims of visuals in dimly lit, obscure locations....much like the Bigfoot film we've all seen or the blurry shots of the loch ness monster, these things have always been more of a tall tale than reality. Are they from space? Do they speak....or even think?
And yet, these photos do seem to lend some credibility to their incredulous possibility. Did any of you see them and can help confirm/deny this?
If you have photos, please post. This is important, perhaps if they are real, they may show at future events and we can finally find out for sure.

On 2015-05-23 14:39, shamefultiki wrote:
If you have photos, please post. This is important, perhaps if they are real, they may show at future events and we can finally find out for sure.

I saw them approach, trying not to provoke them, I hunched down, quietly observing.

Then once their trust had been gained, I joined them. Like a selfie with Bigfoot in the woods, hurried and blurry...

G
GROG posted on Sun, May 24, 2015 12:22 PM

GROG heard that they had DWARF TOSSING as part of the activities.

GORG! ... I mean GROG!!!

On 2015-05-24 12:22, GROG wrote:
GROG heard that they had DWARF TOSSING as part of the activities.

Aww, I don't think you're that short!

G
GROG posted on Tue, May 26, 2015 11:43 PM

Not GROG. GROG heard the dwarf was Philipino.

Pages: 1 2 66 replies