Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Three Dots and a Dash Night in Washington, DC Feb. 15

Pages: 1 4 replies

I read the following story and got very excited:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/youngandhungry/2015/01/22/new-cocktail-collaboration-will-recreate-bars-from-other-places-and-times/

For those of you who have been to the fabulous Three Dots and a Dash tiki bar in Chicago, you know what I'm talking about. Whether you have been there or not, Sunday night, Feb. 15 is our chance to experience the next best thing in Washington, DC. Two of the city's best craft bartenders are creating a one-night-only homage to Three Dots. In checking this out I'm told that these guys "know how to throw one hell of a party." Well, this is our kind of party. They are taking over the basement of a cool, local bar complete with a tiki buildout of the interior and, of course, a great exotic cocktail menu.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in DC too often. I'm not going to miss it. Hope you check it out, too.

Here are the details:

Cafe Saint-Ex
1847 14th Street NW, Washington, DC
7 PM - 2 AM
$10 drinks

DC

Can't afford the trip the Chicago yet, so I plan to give this pop up a shot (or two, or four).

UPDATE - The real Three Dots and a Dash is excited about this event. The brass is flying in from Chi-town to participate! Should be a great time. I'm told that "loads of surprises" are planned. Can't wait.

Report on the evenings festivities. In short - fantastic! Great drinks complete with tiki mugs and flowers, exotica music, and a pretty good buildout to tikify the basement room in the bar. Most of all, incredible turnout. I'll take a guess at 600 people throughout the evening. Amazing.

For tikiless Washington, DC, I am reminded of the words of King Arthur: Don't let it be forgot, that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment that was known
as Camelot.

No Photos?

Pages: 1 4 replies