Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Slippery sellers

Pages: 1 2 79 replies

M

Could be possible there was someone else calling themself trader vic?

L

On 2004-06-23 21:01, Kono wrote:
Is this the ultimate slimy tiki ebayer or did Trader Vic's SF actually have rabbit covered ceramic dishes? C'mon someone, tell me it ain't so...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=94&item=6104597688&rd=1

kinda goofy, huh?

have a couple non tiki lookin T.V. pieces; even tho they are from the 70's, look as if they may have come from crate and barrel, were it not for the sig on bottom.

K
Kono posted on Sat, Jun 26, 2004 9:02 PM

EDIT: Seller turned out to be very nice.

[ Edited by: Kono on 2004-07-15 18:14 ]

kono~ man, thats really jacked up! the strangest thing about that is she just had oral surgery and SHE HAS A CRACKED JAW!! does she really think her speech will be intelligible over the phone? it would be all the more reason to write an email explaining the entire situation to everyone. hey, let us know if you ever get the mug! :)

T

Like I said, Ebay is a haven for those who can't deal with humans face to face because they are so royally farked up in the head!

You have to expect these people on occasion - there's a reason they ain't CEO's.

Mind you, I am an Ebay seller too, what does that say about me?

It says... you probably taste like chicken or pork, either way mail me your skull and I can give a proper diagnosis. Love that demon alcohol, sad memories I cannot recall. cheers

M
morst posted on Tue, Jul 6, 2004 10:21 AM

On 2004-06-18 14:06, Tiki-Toa wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=360&item=3729948488&rd=1

Just had to post this, I have wanted this print so bad, and I found that it is still available out there for the regular price of $125.00 but here is someone really trying to get over and make some money.

Well, according to http://www.expressobeans.com/show.php?id=8032 this print has averaged over $200 for eBay sales, so I don't really think that $225 was out of line. Apparantly, though, potantial buyers agreed with your assessment, that this print is not worth over $200 at all- it wound up selling, upon relisting, for $175, well off the peak price of OVER $300 shortly after Shagmart sold them out in 2 days.

If you can get 'em from for $125 then why not flood eBay with 'em for $130 and make $5 each and be happy? :wink:

K
Kono posted on Tue, Jul 13, 2004 6:11 PM

[ Edited by: Kono on 2004-07-15 18:17 ]

Speaking of slippery sellers...yet another possible "Buyer Beware."

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't this look like a Dollar Tree tiki on top of a block of wood with the logo for the Lucky Tiki on it? And I mean the Lucky Tiki in Mission Hills, CA, not Fiji...
ebay Lucky Tiki Lager tap handle auction

See the tiki at the far right in this picture posted by Juno last year and judge for yourself:
Dollar Tree Tikis

I would have to say "YES"

That is a Dollar Tree Tiki.. I held mine up to the screen. You do have to give this guy a shread of creativity though.

T

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these from party city? Just painted...badly.

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar
It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat

[ Edited by: turbogod on 2005-06-12 09:51 ]

T

Well, there is a TABAKULA BEACH KOROTOGO that exists in Fiji, but definitely no Lucky Tiki there!

Turbogod wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these from party city? Just painted...badly.

Maybe? The guy who painted these mugs name is Steven Crane? Just maybe? Naaaaa.

Thanks for the heads up Tikifish, Utopiandream, Kirby and PapeToaTane! Good looking out! This item is a TOTAL scam! I called Bobby, and after laughing his ass off, and after me accusing him of brewing up Lucky Tiki Lager in his bathtub and holding out on us, he asked me to contact the seller to 'inform' him of his 'mistake.' No word back yet. . . I'll stay on this. I'm just pissed to see someone buying this for $60.00! Especially if the tiki is plastic too! Oh well Buyer Beware. . . .
Thanks again everybody! : )

B

On 2005-06-12 15:36, atomikitty wrote:
I'm just pissed to see someone buying this for $60.00!

$102.50!!!!!

J
Jawa posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 10:48 AM

On 2005-06-12 07:54, Turbogod wrote:

And I thought the ones at Party City looked like decroded pieces of crap, these are just horrible!

I really like this "appears to be repainted"! No shit! lol

Once I bought a mug that I really liked. There was no reserve, and no one else bid on it. I won it for a dollar. Then the seller emailed me saying "Oh, Im sorry, but my little boy broke it. He's only three... sorry." And refunded my dollar. Then I saw it back up on Ebay a week later, with a reserve attatched. So it was bidding at a much higher price. Same seller. I was so PISSED. I emailed her, and her response was "Its not the same mug. I had TWO." So I responded with "Well its the same type of mug. If you had two identical mugs, why didnt you just send me the one that wasn't broken?" And she never replied. I finally just let it go. But I know that it was the same mug, because it was the exact same photo. Its so obvious what happened. She didnt think she got enough for it, decided she really should have had a reserve going on, and put it back up for auction so she could get more for it than a dollar.

I wish I could remember her name, but it was something like two years ago... Anyhoo... thats my ebay tale.

M

Hello Group. I am the evil ebay seller who listed the "fake" tiki bar beer tap handle. I sell lots of genuine tap handles in my business and lots of custom sports themed handles marketed by a local sports store I am partnered with. I was contacted by a few folks who told me the facts of this handle, and I discussed this with the winning bidder. I have agreed to eat the loss on this item and send it to the real bar (per their request). They have not yet responded, but they should have it soon to pour drinks, or burn in effigy, or whatever they want. I bought the handle as part of a large collection 2 months ago and thought it was the real thing. Thank you to the members of this group for exposing this one to potential buyers and myself. It is active collectors like you all that keep ebay a great and safe way to buy rare stuff. Thanks again, and cheers! Mark. (massls)

On 2005-06-15 10:02, massls wrote:
Hello Group. I am the evil ebay seller who listed the "fake" tiki bar beer tap handle. I sell lots of genuine tap handles in my business and lots of custom sports themed handles marketed by a local sports store I am partnered with. I was contacted by a few folks who told me the facts of this handle, and I discussed this with the winning bidder. I have agreed to eat the loss on this item and send it to the real bar (per their request). They have not yet responded, but they should have it soon to pour drinks, or burn in effigy, or whatever they want. I bought the handle as part of a large collection 2 months ago and thought it was the real thing. Thank you to the members of this group for exposing this one to potential buyers and myself. It is active collectors like you all that keep ebay a great and safe way to buy rare stuff. Thanks again, and cheers! Mark. (massls)

Not evil, just misguided. :) I'm glad you followed up, it's nicer than some who will argue that their item is is in fact the original, that the picture &/or bidder lies, and that they cannot reply to you any more since their mother &/or dog just died. It's nice to have someone go out of thir way to try to make something right, thank you.

I got the impression that he was being sarcastic, Freddie.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2005-06-16 23:50 ]

B

Unkle, that ugly problem of the written word rears its head again. Smilies should be manditory. In Texas it should be a hanging offense.
On a side note, Have we located all the Texas people(and close neighbors)for the Dallas TV party? WE should also invite anyone with their own jet or really fast mule. It is late so forgive me.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-13 12:34 ]

B

On 2005-06-11 18:41, UtopianDreem wrote:
Speaking of slippery sellers...yet another possible "Buyer Beware."

Maybe I'm wrong, but doesn't this look like a Dollar Tree tiki on top of a block of wood with the logo for the Lucky Tiki on it? And I mean the Lucky Tiki in Mission Hills, CA, not Fiji...
ebay Lucky Tiki Lager tap handle auction

See the tiki at the far right in this picture posted by Juno last year and judge for yourself:
Dollar Tree Tikis

On 2005-06-15 10:02, massls wrote:

Hmmmmmmm, did the seller forgot all about the last time we called him out on this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiki-God-Hawaii-Fiji-Bar-figural-beer-tap-handle-NR_W0QQitemZ6271727248QQcategoryZ571QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

On 2004-06-18 16:02, docwoods wrote:
I don't think there's anything wrong with biddin against someone from TikiCentral,as long as the winning bidder doesn't rub somebody's nose in it-baaaad juju.

I agree!!..just don't bid against me!!...you hear me,all you tiki folk out there!!! LOL

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.