Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Rapa Nui (Easter Island) Moai - Articles and Discoveries

Pages: 1 0 replies

This thread is for Easter Island moai articles and discoveries in general. Before posting this I searched and found that the general trend was to open a new thread for each article. Then I thought it might be better to gather all future articles about the moai on Rapa Nui/Easter Island in one thread. I thought it was better to put many articles into one thread instead of many articles into many threads. So here you will, hopefully, have one-stop moai shopping.

To get this started:

Fox News published an article today (4/27/2015) about the "hats" or "top knots" which adorn a number of the moai on Rapa Nui. I suspect this is just the first of what will be many more articles on this topic over the next few weeks and months.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/04/27/giant-easter-island-hats-rolled-into-place-study-says/

I found this theory a bit funny -- its very similar to those proposed for the construction of the Great Pyramids in Egypt. I was left wondering if perhaps the pyramids and the moai had the same builders? Or maybe these researchers had a huge pile of grant money they had to spend? heheh...

Pages: 1 0 replies