Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Restaurants/Bars near Oceanic Arts?

Pages: 1 15 replies

On Saturday, I'm taking a friend to Oceanic Arts and I was wondering if there is a great Tiki bar/restaurant near there?

Thanks!

Depends on your definition of near. Short answer is not much. Two easiest options are probably the Purple Orchid (south on 605 from OA then west on the 105 all the way to El Segundo) or Don's (S on 605 to 405/Seal Beach Blvd and W to PCH or something like that).

It's almost the same distance to the Purple Orchid as it is to the Bali Hai. Stick to Don the Beachcomber's.

K

Damon's Steakhouse in Glendale?

On 2015-04-28 22:17, KAHAKA wrote:
Damon's Steakhouse in Glendale?

Probably close to an hour away unless you're driving when there's nobody on the road. Mileage-wise, you're slightly closer to Don's (according to Google Maps, it's about 30 miles to Damon's vs about 23 to Don's), but the reality is that depending on what time you are driving, it could take you about the same time to get to either.
You'd probably be better off driving over to Trader Sam's, frankly.
Or, if you just wanna do something themed and fun, hit up Clearman's North Woods Inn in La Mirada: Not tiki, but still fun and heavily themed.
http://clearmansrestaurants.com/northwoods/

Thanks for the tips! I think Don's might be a good bet, though Trader Sam's is awfully tempting, too!

J

Tiki Ti is about the same distance as Don's. Of course it's not a restaurant, but if you haven't been, you must!

I thought about that, as I've never been, but I'm driving down from Bakersfield. Something tells me going to Tiki Ti and driving is a bad combination :wink:

T

We like to stop at Damon's on the way back to Ventura from Oceanic Arts. Are you coming down the 5 from Bakersfield?

5 to the 210, unless there's a better route.

PP

dont forget that AO closes early on sat, I believe at 2:00 PM so make sure you have plenty of time for all the eye candy in there!!!!

I plan on getting there right at opening. I hope I have enough time! :wink:

I say go to Dons
Good food n drink,
Great decor, and
If you drink to much there are motels next door.

Jeff btd

Went to Don's. Had them mix me a virgin drink (oh, the horror!) since I was driving, but had a great time nonetheless. :)

PP

So what did ya get at OA ??????

I got this mask, which reminds me of something in Disneyland:

And a palapa cover for my patio umbrella:

And some other odds and ends, sea grass braid, etc. A fun store to visit.

Patrick McNeal

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!

[ Edited by: biotron2000 2015-05-04 10:48 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies