Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Tahitian Lodge

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

I've been wanting to post this for a long time so here it is. We started a couple of years ago what was supposed to be a storage shed. Now it's probably the smallest tiki bar in the world!
I know it's part tiki part asian inspired and not that much Tahitian...go figure!

Only room for 3/4 people inside but plenty of room outside.
I'll post some pictures of the making very soon.
Any comments welcome!

T

I just took this one that gives a better idea of the size of the whole thing. I need to improve my photo skills!

The bar is half of the shed, so around 5 1/2' square.
The lucite rock lamp on the right is actually at the far end of the shed.

[ Edited by: Tikifrog 2015-05-01 22:01 ]

H

Tiki Frog love the Tahitian Lodge, your bar area is decorated perfectly and it is inviting, and thank you for all the nice pieces I have been able to buy from your store to decorate my house. :)
More pictures please.
Hilda

SWEET!

Still looks great for the size. I have seen even smaller Tiki spaces in closets...it's all good. Got rum, got Tikis...you're good to go.

G
gitiki posted on Sat, May 2, 2015 1:26 PM

Very nice! I would definitely like to hang out there. It has a great vibe.
As the great Freddy King said:
'You got to use what you got, doesn't matter about your size'.

T

Thanks to all for your kind words. Here are a few pics of the making. First there was this...

We started to build a deck

Then the storage shed came. The idea was to do something mid century modern that would go with the house.

The idea to convert it to a tiki bar came once the shed was up. I had to move the wall inside (structural). On the previous pic you can see the wall close to the front door. I was just supposed to do some shelving to display tiki stuff in the front to hide the rest. Then the wall was pushed farther.

More later!

Very nice! A small, well done tiki space is fantastic and any tiki space is better than no tiki space!!! :)

Awesome space, especially love the mid-century look of the outdoors. Reminds me of my growing up, Grandparents had the canvas shades with the metal frames around the tropical lima bean pool. Very big in the 50's! Love it!

Small or not, it's still pretty damn cool!

Sweet mini bar! It has a nice flow onto to the patio too!

Pages: 1 10 replies