Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Reynold's Cocktail Mixers

Pages: 1 6 replies

I'm very dubious of any pre-mix compared to all fresh ingredients, but I've been a big fan of the Reynolds Syrups, so maybe they will surprise me?

Anyone seen any of these in the wild yet?

I also noticed that Don's Mix and Don's Spices have been renamed. I'm guessing there was some kind of licensing issue?

K

Normally that would yield giant red flags for me too, however this is Blair Reynolds who strives for nothign but excellence. Plus, they're ambitious premade mixes to shoot for - zombie punch and jet pilot. I might try them just for the heck of it if they become easily findable.

An announcement from B.G. Reynolds just came into my email inbox:

FALL 2015 NEWSLETTER

THE TIMELESS TROPICAL COCKTAIL
At B.G. Reynolds Syrups, our dedication to tropical libations is unparalleled. Whether that involves creating new and exciting products for use by home enthusiasts and industry professionals alike, or making delicious cocktails at our own bar, we feel that quality ingredients and tools are the key. We feel that it is our responsibility to make these items available in one convenient location!

OFFICIALLY OPENING DECEMBER 6TH!

We are very excited to announce our brand new retail space and tasting room, opening on December 6th. Come visit us at 1910 SE 11th Avenue, Portland. We will be open Monday thru Friday 11-7 and Saturday and Sunday 12-6. We will feature our entire line of syrups and cocktail mixers, as well as bar tools, tiki mugs, and related items from other local small businesses! We will be offering a variety of events, including tastings and an educational series, so stay tuned for more information. Additionally, online ordering will be available through our website!

ITS THE HOLIDAY SEASON

The most wonderful time of the year is upon us, and with it, the pressures of providing entertainment and cocktails for friends, family, and guests. Whether you are traveling or staying home, a great cocktail resource is never out of reach with the B.G. Reynolds website. We feature a variety of detailed recipes to help you whip up some impressive and tasty cocktails and mocktails that will make you the life of the party!

UPCOMING EVENTS:

BLACK FRIDAY BLOWOUT SALE!

Until next time, Okole maluna!

One of my locals has a few of the original label, non-rebranded BG Reynolds syrups: lime cordial, vanilla, and Don's Mix #2.

Obviously the vanilla and Don's Mix #2 have their particular uses, but is anyone familiar with / has anyone used the lime cordial? Is it akin to Rose's Lime?

I've been using it. It's nothing like Roses. It's dark brown in color. Been making great suffering bastards with it but have not taken a straight sip of it. More than lime and sugar though.

Ta, mate - much appreciated. By dint of it being nothing like Rose's I'm inclined to give it a punt, in addition to the fact that the missus can bring Cock & Bull ginger beer home from work. Bastards will be suffering soon 'round our way.

Cheers!

Pages: 1 6 replies