Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Cleaning Swizzle Sticks

Pages: 1 7 replies

I recently acquired some white swizzle sticks that are no longer white or stained. Anyway to bring them back to their original color?

TPC,
My coolers get pretty funky. I clean em with dish soap and water and because my wife says they still look grubby she sprays em ( the white parts and insides)with a product called “Cleanup” After a few seconds I rinse them with water and the cooler looks like new. Cleanup is a Clorex product so I would test it on just one stick first especially if there are any colors/graphics on the swizzles’
Keep us posted.
Cheers

If that doesn't work, try some hydrochloric acid.....

I soak my vintage swizzles in hot water and Dawn Platinum dish soap. If they are still gunky I wipe them with a sponge and use a toothpick to clean out the crevices.
After all of that I still don't use them, I just display them.

K
Kedex posted on Thu, Aug 20, 2015 8:51 AM

Have you tried soaking them in hydrogen peroxide? I've had limited success doing this with white plastic items that have turned yellow. I believe it has to do with the different kinds of plastic.

I honestly haven't tried anything yet.

G

I'd bet a Mr. Clean magic eraser would do the trick. I haven't used them on swizzles but I've cleaned up some very discolored plastic with them. A friend bleaches Star Wars toys back to white but I'm not sure what he uses. Good luck.

For a safer route, try scrubbing with a paste made of baking soda and water, the dunk in white vinegar. It cleans AND fizzes!

Pages: 1 7 replies