Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Bongo Bungalow's Bungalow

Pages: 1 9 replies

Really... this is just my music room and it's nothing like some of the great Home Tiki Bars you all have. I took a corner of my basement that's a hidden room you get to through the storage area. It has a rattan bar... and 19 ukuleles, 6 guitars, 10 bongos, 3 congas, 1 organ, 1 marimba, 8 swag lamps, 12 S&P's. 7 decanters, various tiki stuff and about 225 tiki mugs... and sometimes me.

A secret Tiki lair...I love it!

So that's where you have been hiding out for so long !! Awesome space and a cool touch that's it's hidden.

Awesome!!!

H

I like it too.

Looks great! Any back story to the curved ukulele hanging between your tiki mug shelves? Love it!

On 2015-08-27 18:17, Tyber Tiki wrote:
Looks great! Any back story to the curved ukulele hanging between your tiki mug shelves? Love it!

Tyber, those are Polk-A-Lay-Lees. I have four. They're from the early 60's, designed to fit the California beach culture. Part of the idea is to stick the headstock into the sand when not in use. They play, but are not great players.

Trav, it's true I've been too busy to collect lately, so few posts.

[ Edited by: Bongo Bungalow 2015-08-28 03:49 ]

Wow very cool! Thanks for the background info. You've got a gorgeous tiki music room!!!

[ Edited by: Tyber Tiki 2015-08-28 05:23 ]

[ Edited by: Tyber Tiki 2015-08-28 05:25 ]

It looks awesome. One of the downsides of Florida life is most homes don't have basements.

Storm

This is very inspiring. I am turning a part of my garage into a music room, wasn't thinking of going Tiki but????

Nice job, wonderful collection of instruments. CHEERS

Pages: 1 9 replies