Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Aqua Velvets

Pages: 1 2 replies

The Aqua Velvets are an American surf rock revival band from San Francisco, California, formed in the 1980s by guitarist Miles Corbin. While technically a surf band, the Aqua Velvets are a good fit for the Tiki vibes. Before I found my way to the Tiki community I used to go to Borders on the weekends to drink coffee and play on my computer. I always hit the International CD section to pick up interesting bands and that is where I found the Aqua Velvets. It was that first album cover that caught my eye, so I quickly snagged it and rushed home to listen. I have been hooked ever since. My favorite album has been Nomad but the newest El Morocco has won my heart.

El Morocco provides gentle, moving rhythms accompanied by spicy, mysterious melodies. All the cuts are intriguingly mesmerizing and transport you to a foreign land full of spies, belly dancers, and cocktails. Do yourself a big favor and indulge in this wonderful album and I am sure you will be an Aqua Velvets fan too.

GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2015-09-26 20:16 ]

T

I didn't realize until last week that Miles Corbin is in the Aqua Velvets. I have had his solo album "Sounds From the Tiki Hut" on my Ipod for a few years, and various cuts from the AV's, too. It all makes sense knowing it is the same musician.

I bought another Miles Corbin album "Musique de Paradisio" last week. It's super good, too.

[ Edited by: Tele295 2015-09-24 09:27 ]

Love the Aqua Velvets.
Didn't know about the solo album. Def going to check that out.

Pages: 1 2 replies