Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Where to buy Fishing Floats in Europe

Pages: 1 5 replies

F

Hi

I m looking to buy fishing floats, i live in Belgium. Where in Europe can your buy them? Found some online but all of them over seas. Was hoping to find a store in Europe. If anyone has an idea thx in advance.

T

"Belgian Coast
A few thousand inhabitants live from fishing. Coastal fishing provides mussels, crabs and shrimps. Sea fishing supplies the country with cod, herring, haddock, plaice, sole and ray.
Nieuwpoort and Blankenberge are a real paradise for anglers"

If you can go to Portugal, Or even Spain.
"Portugal produces approximately 50% of cork harvested annually worldwide, with Corticeira Amorim being the leading company in the industry"

Would guess if you have fishing you will find the stuff used to fish with.
Go along the coasts to shops there.
There may also be some glass floats, nets too.

The cork floats may be found online in Portugal as ship costs may be less to you.
The whole bark of a Quercus suber, commonly called the cork oak is very cool
and large sheets can be used as serving trays or platters.

Cork is so cool, have wanted to go to Portugal to check it out.

Good luck.

On 2015-10-27 07:07, Furemir wrote:
Hi

I m looking to buy fishing floats, i live in Belgium. Where in Europe can your buy them? Found some online but all of them over seas. Was hoping to find a store in Europe. If anyone has an idea thx in advance.

Are you on Facebook? There are 2 groups on there that discuss and sell glass fish floats. One group is Glass Fishing Float Collectors. They discuss glass floats. Another group is Glass Fishing Floats-Want, Sell or Trade. Somebody on either site should be able to help.

This website is dedicated to Norwegian glass fishing floats. http://www.bestnorwegian.com/glass-fishing-floats.html

F

@tikiskip i meant the glass bulb ones used for decorations :)
@tikilongbeach dont have a facebookaccount, but will check it with a friend, thx for the info

T

"Would guess if you have fishing you will find the stuff used to fish with.
Go along the coasts to shops there.
There may also be some glass floats, nets too."

bump

Pages: 1 5 replies