Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Shameless Self-Patting!

Pages: 1 5 replies

I just got the word yesterday from the amazing Kern Mattei at Mai Kai central that the first piece I carved for them, the New Guinea Paupuan Gulf Gope Board (180.00), is already gone as of yesterday! That was damned, intimidatingly fast! I'm really stoked about this thing...They just recieved two more items from me yesterday which should be available tonight or tomorrow; two high quality replicas of their antique Samoan Knives. They will be tagged at $90.00 each. The bindings are all native, and the grip cords are hand braided. One is in black walnut and fruitwood, and the other is in oak and fruitwood. They are almost identical visual replicas of the knives on display in the Mai Kai's lovely Samoa Room. Each has an origin tag and a C.O.A. as well. Working on more weapons as I speak!

O
Octane posted on Wed, Aug 6, 2003 8:21 PM

thats cool BK, i'm not exactly suprised that your work would sell so fast, people buy and pay for quality and that is what you produce.

Congrats, BK on your sucess, but it doesn't surprise me at all. You know there's actually a really big unfilfilled demand for your stuff right here in Alexandria, Virginia. You really need to give up you day gig and carve full time.

Way to go, BK! Everything you sell makes me look that much better when I say "Yeah, I know that guy". :wink:

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2003-08-06 23:33 ]

Bravo and congrats Kahuna! I had to go back for a look so I thought I'd post it up again for others...

Awww, shucks..... :)

Pages: 1 5 replies