Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Corner Bedroom Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 33 replies

"Kraken's Grotto"

Should be operational soon. :wink:

What! just crack a bottle & boom, your operational
get to it.

What ATP said

Cozy up to the corner for a delish cocktail, then if you are relaxed, your close to the pass-out palace!!! Nice job.

Well....Thanks to my lurking around for the last few days and looking at everyone's Tiki bars..... I have decided to upgrade and re-decorate. I know a bedroom Tiki bar is a tad strange....but oh well.

Another post showed what Home Depot had....

(Looks like a nice place to start)

I'm leaving Las Vegas for 6 weeks, but when I return......I'll post my updates.

On 2015-11-26 08:06, Kraken007 wrote:

I'm leaving Las Vegas

That didn't work out that well for Nicolas Cage....

I agree...Home Depot is a good place to start for some great additions to your bedroom. Keep up the great work!!!

It's coming along.....

Not as "Tiki" as most, But fit's my style. :wink:

Much more to do....More when I return!!!

[ Edited by: Kraken007 2015-12-13 10:24 ]

[ Edited by: Kraken007 2015-12-18 06:22 ]

I really like those bamboo palms you made.

Thank you! I can't wait to get back to Vegas to get back to it.

W

The tiki mug shelf is a great focal point. I think I might want to do a bottle shelf on the other rear wall. Glad to see this.

K

Thanks! If I had more room I'd also put a shelf behind the bar, but alas with my 6'/230 frame behind it there would be issues. So far everything I need fits behind the bar. Being a "Dry" bar I also need room for a dump bucket and a small cooler with ice.

Somewhere on the forums someone said if your building a bar, get shelves and more shelves, and even more....he was right. When I return I'll post some updated pictures and sure enough...I need to purchase some more shelves. :)

T

"Somewhere on the forums someone said if your building a bar, get shelves and more shelves, and even more"

That may have been here.
Good start on yer tiki spot.
My cook had a cooler in her bedroom filled with beer so she did not
have to get out of bed, true story.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=43018&forum=20&start=0

K

LOL! It Was that post!

I have a small fridge in my office which has beer, Champagne and sodas, water, etc. (It does make life easier!) It's down the hall from the bedroom so I also keep juices and syrups for the Tiki bar there.

When I have a guest or two I have to prep the bar with the fruit, ice and syrups. If I could find a small fridge that would fit behind the bar I'd be in Tiki Heaven! It's kind of too bad I also have to have room to sleep-lol!

A few updated pictures......

More in a bit....

H

Love what you have done with your place.

Kool space, reminds me of a very fun hotel suite.

Just some more pictures....I've been slowly updating. Work has taken too much of my Tiki Time!

The new name on the wall....

The Nook.

Me Sleeping Quarters.

A view from the bar

A View from the bar looking at the door.

The Grotto Bar.

My Dresser.

[ Edited by: Kraken007 2016-06-21 08:04 ]

[ Edited by: Kraken007 2016-06-21 08:06 ]

J

On 2016-06-21 08:03, Kraken007 wrote:
The Nook.

I love your floor lamp! So much that I have the exact same one over my couch in the living room.

M

I really like the octopus wall plaques above the dresser. Are they vintage?

On 2016-06-21 10:46, JenTiki wrote:

On 2016-06-21 08:03, Kraken007 wrote:
The Nook.

I love your floor lamp! So much that I have the exact same one over my couch in the living room.

World Market is a great store! I put remote control LED bulbs in it. I can change the colors, etc. ?

On 2016-06-24 09:54, mihoshi1 wrote:

Thanks! No not vintage..... Hobby Lobby. Lol

J

On 2016-06-24 12:11, Kraken007 wrote:

World Market is a great store! I put remote control LED bulbs in it. I can change the colors, etc. ?

That's cool, but did you have to rewire the whole thing to make that work? I have remote-controlled multi-color LEDs on my bar shelves, but I haven't tried the lamp bulbs yet.

M

On 2016-06-24 12:12, Kraken007 wrote:

On 2016-06-24 09:54, mihoshi1 wrote:

Thanks! No not vintage..... Hobby Lobby. Lol

Cool. My Mom loves that place...guess I better tag along sometimes when she goes!

I like what you've done. Very comfortable get-a-way. Love a number of your tiki masks and statutes.

LOL I thought those (Hobby Lobby) octopus looked familiar. I have a cast metal mermaid sculpture from there. Also picked up a porthole mirrored wall hanging when I spotted it on clearance last year. They have a nautical section that frequently gets in some interesting items. For anyone new to shopping there, they regularly put "all" decor within certain departments within the store on 50% off sale (see weekly online ad, departments featured rotate throughout the year). Otherwise you can use an online website coupon for 40% off one reg. item (just show your phone coupon in-store). You can also order some items online from them.

On 2016-06-24 12:44, JenTiki wrote:

On 2016-06-24 12:11, Kraken007 wrote:

That's cool, but did you have to rewire the whole thing to make that work? I have remote-controlled multi-color LEDs on my bar shelves, but I haven't tried the lamp bulbs yet.

No all I did was screw in the bulbs. :)

These are what I got...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VWJPSPK/ref=s9_ps_hd_bw_b2WcAxX_d30_g60_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_r=FK0K1CGFRFFFGKQV1QRC&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=7a0f0fc3-4ee2-5840-8168-6d5eb6bbb2ac&pf_rd_i=2314207011

J

Interesting! So the receiver for the remote is built into the bulb I guess? The ones on my bar shelves are the led tape strips with a separate remote receiver and special connectors between strips. They were a pain to install, but look really cool and I love changing the color depending on my mood. Those bulbs wouldn't work in my living room light, but now that I know they exist, I might put them in my bedroom floor lamps! Thanks!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2016-06-27 08:08 ]

On 2016-06-27 08:03, JenTiki wrote:
Interesting! So the receiver for the remote is built into the bulb I guess? The ones on my bar shelves are the led tape strips with a separate remote receiver and special connectors between strips. They were a pain to install, but look really cool and I love changing the color depending on my mood. Those bulbs wouldn't work in my living room light, but now that I know they exist, I might put them in my bedroom floor lamps! Thanks!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2016-06-27 08:08 ]

Anytime! Just be advised they do not produce a very bright light. But work well when it is dark. (I had to put 4 in a Replica Divers helmet to get it bright enough.) I'll try to remember to take some pictures when it gets dark to show you.

[ Edited by: Kraken007 2016-06-27 13:38 ]

[ Edited by: kraken007 2016-06-28 06:37 ]

K

Some pictures at night.....

http://thelasvegasgentleman.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-crimson-grotto-tiki-lounge.html

Sorry I could not upload them due to the size. :(

J

Wow! That looks really cool at night! Thanks for sharing the pics!

What's casting the purple ish light over the bar in the first night picture? Maybe it's just the photo, but it looks like it has a watery effect on it

J

On 2016-07-19 10:39, FredsTugboat wrote:
What's casting the purple ish light over the bar in the first night picture? Maybe it's just the photo, but it looks like it has a watery effect on it
[/quote

I think it's the glow from the lava lamp on the top shelf on the right.

I don't think so, I've had a few and they're not that bright, plus the lava light looks reddish orange, not purple. I think it might be the bright glow on the safe shelf to the left of the lava lamp, whatever that is...

Pages: 1 33 replies