Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

some stuff in nyc

Pages: 1 4 replies

TC

shrine music on 9th btwn 1st & ave A is going out of business. everything's 50% off the marked price. i got some martin denny, jobin, & a couple of hula & hawaiian albums, plus some non-tiki related things.

there were still some denny & lyman records, etc.

moving from analogue to digital:

the big sony stores on madison btwn 56th & 57th (i might be off a block or two) have a huge hawaiian window display: about 4 giant windows w/ huge cartoony mechanized hula dancers w/ swaying hips & ukuleles, giant pineapples, a tiki, etc.

both worth a look-see,
tiki chris

MC

thanks for the tip. I'll check out Shrine ASAP.
I saw the sony shop--wacky, eh?
M C

I saw the Sony thing this morning...freaky! Those hula dolls are gigantic and scary....

There was a giant Gecko in one of the windows, too!

D

Wow, Shrine is selling at 50% off. Last time I went by there, they were still at 25%. I gotta go by there. I saw an interesting copy of 'Exotica' there (maybe you bought that one Tikichris), it was right before I heard that they were going out of business. I'll take a swing by there today!

Oh yeah, for all you hardcore East Village tiki mug collectors, I saw an Easter Island god tiki mug with the Hawaii Kai logo on the back of it at Waldorf Hysteria on Ave. B between 10th & 11th for $12.00. So if you're in the 'hood cheggidout!!

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2003-08-08 09:51 ]

On 2003-08-08 09:46, donhonyc wrote:

Oh yeah, for all you hardcore East Village tiki mug collectors, I saw an Easter Island god tiki mug with the Hawaii Kai logo on the back of it at Waldorf Hysteria on Ave. B between 10th & 11th for $12.00. So if you're in the 'hood cheggidout!!

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2003-08-08 09:51 ]

i was in the "hood" yesterday & now that lovely hawaii kai mug has a happy home! thanks for the tip.

Pages: 1 4 replies