Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Why the USPS suck in 36 words!

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

They totally smashed my Hale Tiki mug I won on Ebay. The mail person shoved the package into a mailbox that was obviously to small for the package. Remember folks, Fragile is not an Italian word.

Tough break Turbogod.

M

They should change it to the FU-SPS...F'd Up Stuff Pulverizing Service....

I've frequently found packages delivered by the postal service left on the curbside, balanced on our fence post, or just laying in the grass in our front yard. I've called to complain and gotten excuses like "it was a substitute mail person today". Government workers are the hardest to get fired----you have to repeatedly document screw-ups in writing to have any effect whatsoever, and the workers know this.

One of the problems with Federal government jobs, is that most are basically an unemployment check. Except the folks that get the check have to show up pretty much on a daily basis in order to get their check.

Here is a little trick that might help packages get mailed more safely. I frequently mail out small porcelain dollhouse dolls that I make. I was told by a friend of mine who is a postal carrier that by sending the item with a "Delivery Confirmation" sticker on it, it is almost guaranteed to arrive intact. They must keep track of all packages with that sticker and therefore are more careful with it.

Just a though for when you mail something fragile next time.

J

don't hang the problem on the grunt delivering the mail, the job enviroment there is awful, hence the term "going postal" The answer is delivery confirmation, only costs 65 cents

K
Kenike posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2003 2:45 PM

Our mail carriers always screw up our mail and it ends up across town somewhere. My copy of "The Forbidden Sounds of Don Tiki" was due in the mail today. Figures.

S

I totally sympathize. I reduced my degree of property destruction by periodically leaving little hand-made cards/gifts for the mailman, but one can't control what they do at the processing centers!

T

No this was definately done by the Delivery lady. The box couldn't even get out of my mailbox easily. I have had issues with her for a while. True slacker. Good news, did get another Hale Tiki mug.

Pages: 1 9 replies