Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Princess Poo-Poo-Ly Has Plenty Papaya

Pages: 1 9 replies

J

Can anyone tell me who did the version of this song in Sven's Air Conditioned Eden video and where in the hell I can find it on MP3, CD or LP?

T

Just read that thread not long ago. Wasn't it Poncie Ponce?

Tiki King does a great one, too.

~Tex

Yes,

It's Ponce Ponce.

His Hawaiian Eye album is on CD as a Japanese import. Lots of great classics on there.

Almost all the cast members on Hawaiian Eye put out their own albums.
Poncie was cast for the show from doing a nightclub singing act.

T

Thanks - glad the CRS hasn't completely taken over. Btw, if I'm not mistaken it's "Princess Pupule," fwiw.

~Tex

S
Swanky posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2003 8:50 PM

I have recorded that record. Email me and I'll load it up on a site for you to download the MP3.

Here's the info. I found on the song...

http://www.squareone.org/Hapa/p5.html

Has anyone else heard the version of said song by Matt Catingub's Big Kahuna and the Copa Cat Pack? The CD (Shake Those Hula Hips) is rather Big Band-y, but has some nice stuff on it all the same. Interesting thing about it is, though, that Debby Boone makes a guest appearance on Princess Poo-Poo-Ly. Kinda gives me the creeps just listenin' to it.

T

Swanky, would love to hear it but my stupid laptop keeps making a clicking/ticking sound when I surf the web making it impossible to hear any audio files. Wonder what causes that...

~Tex

S

I'm gonna weigh in here because I thought both the Copa Cat Pack CDs were fantastic. The sign of a good tune is it's ability to survive any interpretation and Catingub and his band cook the hell out of these. Princess Pupule with the Boone vocals is no exception. If you can sit still while listening to it then you're already dead. Let the girl light up your life just one more time!

Pages: 1 9 replies