Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

What is a good base drink for a new 'bar'?

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

Swizzle - great insights into Kahuna Kevin's creations. Other than the use of a lot of ingredients, many of which are "specialized," most give rave reviews about his creations despite their complexity. It's great that you've been to his home, I'm sure that was a unique experience. He's a nice guy - I've bought one of his lithos and a couple of his custom mugs, both decorate and complement my bar nicely. He also put up with my pain-in-the-ass request to have my mugs signed by Tiki Diablo AND Kevin. I should send him photos of my framing - his litho turned out great. I'm sure he's glad our transactions are done, hahaha...

Jen - you have put some really good thoughts into words, and I applaud your effort and willingness to share with us. I don't have a biz card yet, mostly because I have had a helluva time naming my bar, because the scope of what I do has grown beyond just tiki. But I will refer to your sage advice when I design my future biz card and home bar menu.

Cheers to one and all!

Coming soon - Ace Explorer's Buffalo Butt Bitters. It'll put tongue on your hair!

[ Edited by: AceExplorer 2016-01-19 08:46 ]

J

I don't have a biz card yet, mostly because I have had a helluva time naming my bar, because the scope of what I do has grown beyond just tiki. But I will refer to your sage advice when I design my future biz card and home bar menu.

I don't have a bar, but I do attend events for my own development and fun. My card is simply my name, the "title" I mentioned earlier, my email address, and phone number. Once my blog gets a bit more defined, I'll get new cards with the website address and logo. If you're attending events and just want people you meet to be able to reach you, it's easier to whip out a card than to find a pen and scribble your digits on a cocktail napkin. You can get 100 cards for as little as $16 from vistaprint, or some really unique, but more expensive ones from moo.com. No need to wait for your bar to have a name or focus. These sights have some stock images you can add if you want. Just pick one and put your name and contact info. A calling card is also harder to lose than a cocktail napkin or scrap of paper.

Jen - you need a bar! :)

Wonderful additional info, especially for those who may consult this thread to start their bar and also have the foresight to envision what they will have created a few years down the road. And the moo.com web site is really good too. Image, image, image. Without going too far or overboard. Very nice.

W

Damn this shit went off topic.

I've just got back from a bar supply store and picked up all my final tools. Ordered a ton of booze which is due to arrive in a few days. My first Mai Tai comes this Sunday :)

J

On 2016-01-19 12:54, Warboys wrote:
Damn this shit went off topic.

Sorry about that! :drink:

J

On 2016-01-19 11:20, AceExplorer wrote:
Jen - you need a bar! :)

I need to win the lottery first. :wink:

Back to the point: Mai Tai!

T

I had a part in that derail sorry.
It was still about booze kind of.

S

Show me a thread on this site that hasn't been derailed.

On 2016-01-20 18:12, swizzle wrote:
Show me a thread on this site that hasn't been derailed.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=51092&forum=1&0

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=51073&forum=1&0

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10558&forum=1&0

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10544&forum=1&0

Sorry, swizzle, I couldn't resist the challenge...! :)

Is it Friday yet? :drink:

Ace wins the Dance Off!
Back to your Giant Bird Eating Spider Hole, Swizz....

S

I guess i was kinda asking for that. Obviously there is going to be a few that haven't been Ace, but they are few and far between.

Was out drinking with a buddy last night and the first cocktail bar we went to had this on inside of the menu.

Mr. Duffy was wise, indeed.

Pages: 1 2 60 replies