Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Prices on mugs dropping, what gives?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 176 replies

H

The "fucking unicorns" in Shout isn't really breaking rule #2. Definitely unsolicited and without class. Here's an example of somebody breaking #2:

On 2016-01-23 03:04, not ATP wrote:
I'm rude??? I'm a member of this forum because i am interested in Tiki culture, its history, and all that it has to represent. You are here for no other reason than to make a profit. FUCK YOU!

This did result in an exchange of PMs and the author has so far kept his word. However, the crap was left on the rug. Why don't I clean it up? I don't like to destroy evidence.

EJ

On 2016-02-04 18:27, Hakalugi wrote:
The "fucking unicorns" in Shout isn't really breaking rule #2. Definitely unsolicited and without class. Here's an example of somebody breaking #2:

I'm rude??? I'm a member of this forum because i am interested in Tiki culture, its history, and all that it has to represent. You are here for no other reason than to make a profit. FUCK YOU!

This did result in an exchange of PMs and the author has so far kept his word. However, the crap was left on the rug. Why don't I clean it up? I don't like to destroy evidence.

Once again you have your blinders on. I and I am sure Erich was not just talking about shout although that was the example he used.

On 2016-02-04 18:02, ErichTroudt wrote:
Well, the devolution of tiki came with painting tikis bright colors.... so I guess its fitting the devolution of Tiki Central come with "colorful" talk of rainbows and unicorns.

Congrats on making tiki central exactly what you want it to be.... It's just too bad its caused so many to leave, others to stay away, and others to wonder why its so dead around here.

Yeah, that's my fault, good one :lol:
I am thinking your idea of what Tiki Central should be, a really boring place indeed.

Angry Jefe, what's wrong, you run out of adult coloring books, again?

I think Karl has it all in perspective :D it's for the rainbows Karl!

H

On 2016-02-04 18:42, El Jefe wrote:

Once again you have your blinders on. I and I am sure Erich was not just talking about shout although that was the example he used.

I don't read every single post! If you see a problem post, send me a PM.

Jefe doesn't like rainbows, Karl!

On 2016-02-04 18:19, El Jefe wrote:
Atomic Tiki Punk,

No. Erich is just asking for a little decorum and to follow the rules of the house. It's not a good idea to come over to a friend's place and take a crap in the middle of the living room like you so often do.

Seems to me this is a good example of being rude? hypocrisy, I am thinking so.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2016-02-04 18:52 ]

H

ATP, you can stop with the noise.

EJ

On 2016-02-04 18:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Well, the devolution of tiki came with painting tikis bright colors.... so I guess its fitting the devolution of Tiki Central come with "colorful" talk of rainbows and unicorns.

Congrats on making tiki central exactly what you want it to be.... It's just too bad its caused so many to leave, others to stay away, and others to wonder why its so dead around here.

I am thinking your idea of what Tiki Central should be, a really boring place indeed.

Here is a portion of the last PM ATP sent to me a while ago:

"You really think I would take the time out or care about anything "you" say? seriously?
if you have anyone else in your pathetic life, which I doubt, stop obsessing on me & work on your own issues
for their sake!"

Yeah...I guess you do care about what I have to say. You got anymore adult coloring books. Good one!!!

EJ

Oh....and thanks ATP for showing why so many people no longer come here and participate.

TT

I took over administering template building on Ooga-Mooga in 2011 after Tiki Kate.

Ooga-Mooga has been around for 10 years now.

Here's a few observations I find interesting:

Since 2011, I've raised the number of individual mug templates from 4,250 to almost 8,000. Note, the "Unique Mugs" above falls short of actual number of templates made.

Since 2011 the total estimated value of all mugs in Ooga-Mooga has gone up about $1 million.

Since 2011, the number of collections has gone from about 550 or 600 to 1,058.

In 2011 to 2014, the number of weekly posters on the front page typically hung in the low 20s but since 2015 it is more common to see it around 30.

Since 2011, the variations on individual mugs has greatly increased, so that more and more new designs commonly comes in multiple colors and versions.

The initial price for many of the newer mugs has greatly increased and eBay flipping often sees these prices double almost immediately.

The number of designers/manufacturers has greatly increased to the point that I feel like Lucille Ball failing on the conveyor belt line as I desperately try to keep up with mug releases and information as they unfold each week.

I think a growing trend is to directly contact artists and commission more expensive custom versions. The higher-end pieces are treasured and don't appear on eBay as often. So, even though they don't appear on market radar, that is not to say that business isn't being done.

The general market for mass produced and vintage mugs remains soft on eBay but makers have sought out higher-end niche markets and the interest is still there. The market isn't dying but it has changed significantly.

Anyway, food for thought. Some of these points have been touched on previously, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents and give a little data to ponder.

On 2016-02-04 19:18, Trader Tom wrote:
I think a growing trend is to directly contact artists and commission more expensive custom versions. The higher-end pieces are treasured and don't appear on eBay as often. So, even though they don't appear on market radar, that is not to say that business isn't being done.

The general market for mass produced and vintage mugs remains soft on eBay but makers have sought out higher-end niche markets and the interest is still there. The market isn't dying but it has changed significantly.

Wow, Trader Tom, that's interesting. Someday in the future, when we're all dead and tiki may have once again faded, there could be some awesome garage sales with lots of interesting tiki mugs.

Somehow I can't see tiki dying again like it did in the past. I think we've made too great a footprint in the minds of today's culture, and so many have been exposed to it and enjoyed it. It would not surprise me if tiki hangs in there, waxing and waning a bit, but never losing an audience to the same extent that mid-century tiki did.

These are my wild speculations and musings... Just thought I'd share with you all. You're all cheaper than going to a shrink. :)

S

That goes with what I was saying earlier, cool you have the numbers to back it up - this is just generally how collecting anything is going at the moment - with the proliferation of great artists being able to get things to market by themselves and be able to produce short runs, get them to market by social media / guerilla marketing - it's a neat time we're in that things can be produced so niche and somewhat affordable

On 2016-02-04 19:18, Trader Tom wrote:

I took over administering template building on Ooga-Mooga in 2011 after Tiki Kate.

Ooga-Mooga has been around for 10 years now.

Here's a few observations I find interesting:

Since 2011, I've raised the number of individual mug templates from 4,250 to almost 8,000. Note, the "Unique Mugs" above falls short of actual number of templates made.

Since 2011 the total estimated value of all mugs in Ooga-Mooga has gone up about $1 million.

Since 2011, the number of collections has gone from about 550 or 600 to 1,058.

In 2011 to 2014, the number of weekly posters on the front page typically hung in the low 20s but since 2015 it is more common to see it around 30.

Since 2011, the variations on individual mugs has greatly increased, so that more and more new designs commonly comes in multiple colors and versions.

The initial price for many of the newer mugs has greatly increased and eBay flipping often sees these prices double almost immediately.

The number of designers/manufacturers has greatly increased to the point that I feel like Lucille Ball failing on the conveyor belt line as I desperately try to keep up with mug releases and information as they unfold each week.

Anyway, food for thought. Some of these points have been touched on previously, but I thought I'd throw in my two cents and give a little data to ponder.

On 2016-02-04 18:53, El Jefe wrote:

"You really think I would take the time out or care about anything "you" say? seriously?
if you have anyone else in your pathetic life, which I doubt, stop obsessing on me & work on your own issues
for their sake!"

Yeah...I guess you do care about what I have to say. You got anymore adult coloring books. Good one!!!

Well since Angry Jefe wants to be immature about it, he likes to think that many of my remarks are aimed at him
and sent me some nasty PMs accusing me of this, he is wrong of course, so here is the entire exchange for public record:

On 2015-07-28 21:59, El Jefe wrote:

On 2015-07-28 21:52, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2015-07-28 20:54, El Jefe wrote:

On 2015-07-18 19:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Sonic is for born losers.....

It must really chap your ass when your attempt to insult me fails?

You think that remark was for you?

You really think I would take the time out or care about anything "you" say? seriously?
for their sake!

I know that remark was meant for me.

Obviously you care about what I have to say because you responded to my PM.

So I will take Karl's suggestion & exit out of this thread, which should be re-titled "let's attack ATP, because he destroyed TC"
And stop obsessing on me Jefe it is embarrassing.

Later, Tiki Bitches!

TT

Trader Tom, fantastic contribution with the data and insight! Thank You!

and because every thread is better with pics here are some of my fav finds and purchases from the last year.

TT

My thread so I get my turn. Some people would consider this thread derailed. Not me, I love how this has evolved into a thought provoking discussion on a wide range of topics. As long as those topics go back to what this is all about, I’m all for it.

In this one thread we have talked about the Tiki market, archaeology, trends and maturation of tikiphiles, the risk of loss of priceless data due to inactive people or death, observers versus contributors, the culture of this site, People willing to pay more than ever for Ben’s mug, ooga-mooga data and much more! 60 replies from 27 different users and over 2k views in about 40 hours. That’s awesome, this shows how relative this site still is.

I do want to touch on the culture environment of Tiki Central in more detail. This thread shows the people and interest is here, so what’s the problem? I too have seen the snipping back and forth and people trounced on. I have also heard the same concerns from friends regarding the environment here. I’ve never been on the receiving end of it, but there is no question that I don’t post as much as I could due to it.

lucas vigor’s response on this thread is a great example to use as to what we can all do to make this a better place. I am in complete agreement personally on his views on Tiki and the music. But this example in my opinion demonstrates why Tiki Central gets a bad rap. No one owns Tiki, it’s what you make it and what you like. Unless you are talking about Pre-exploration Polynesian culture, this is all make believe.

Like lucas I love the 50s/60s era with the lounge and exotica. That’s Tiki to me. But I’m never going to say someone else’s Rockabilly interpretation of Tiki or something else isn’t Tiki and I’ll never try to push my views and beliefs on someone else or call them wrong for liking what they like, that’s disrespectful to others and if someone does it to me that’s disrespecting me. While something may not be my thing, I will still take the time to check it out and appreciate what they have to say or show, and sometimes that opens my mind up to something new that I may really get into, surf is a great example of that for me.

And that takes us to the root of the concerns many people have about this site, respect. You don’t have to agree with the opinions and views of every person or most here for that matter. Young or old, wise sage or newbie, poor or rich we are all here for the same thing, our love of Tiki and that should be all anyone needs to treat everyone here with the respect they deserve.
With that in mind, every person here should ask themselves these 2 questions before they hit the submit button on any response or new thread on this site.

1: Is what I am ready to submit really related to what this place is all about
2: Is what I am about to submit keeping with the Ohana spirit of what this is all about.

If you can’t say yes to both of those questions, just hit the back button, don’t be part of the problem and hurt the thing you care about.

EJ

On 2016-02-04 19:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2016-02-04 18:53, El Jefe wrote:

for their sake!"

Well since Angry Jefe wants to be immature about it, he likes to think that many of my remarks are aimed at him
and sent me some nasty PMs accusing me of this, he is wrong of course, so here is the entire exchange for public record:

On 2015-07-28 21:59, El Jefe wrote:

On 2015-07-28 21:52, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2015-07-28 20:54, El Jefe wrote:

On 2015-07-18 19:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Sonic is for born losers.....

It must really chap your ass when your attempt to insult me fails?

You think that remark was for you?

You really think I would take the time out or care about anything "you" say? seriously?
for their sake!

I know that remark was meant for me.

Obviously you care about what I have to say because you responded to my PM.

So I will take Karl's suggestion & exit out of this thread, which should be re-titled "let's attack ATP, because he destroyed TC"
And stop obsessing on me Jefe it is embarrassing.

Later, Tiki Bitches!

Once again you seem to care about what I have to say. Who's obsessing? If you are going to give perspective then give perspective. Here is the thread I posted in and your post right behind mine:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=49478&forum=10&start=15&hilite=sonic

Since I have always called your BS there is no doubt the post was aimed at me and completely fell flat hence the PM i sent you. The PM's I sent you are nasty? I think they are rather factual. You need to get a grip. You're supposed to be the "tell it like it is guy" the "get off my lawn guy" and now you want to take your toys and go home? Who's angry? You are the one who's embarrassing.

Sorry Tiki Toli that your thread has taken this detour. Thanks Trader Tom for the info. Ace, I agree that Tiki will not die, at least like it did before, anytime soon. When I take the time to explain Tiki to old and new friends and not make fun of what they thought Tiki was I have yet to fail on converting them and sending them on their own journey.

Great summation, Tiki Toli and El Jefe, in those last two posts. Despite the twists and turns, I've benefitted from this thread.

I don't enjoy the sniping, but I absolutely LOVE the fact that at any time I can walk into my bar and mix up something classic, historical, tasty, and damn enjoyable.

I'm glad to be here. It's good. Period.

On 2016-02-04 19:59, Tiki Toli wrote:
and because every thread is better with pics here are some of my fav finds and purchases from the last year.

That cauldron to the far right looks awesome! I totally want to get that and a little pith-helmeted explorer to put in it!

Following from your actual comments, maybe it's because I'm out here at a safe distance away from SoCal or I'm just all naively thinking that people should be able to do what they want (a lot of why I fell out with the Steampunk scene was because they couldn't do that), but I would like to think that Tiki is a big enough island for people who come at it from many different angles. I tend to like my Tiki stuff best at either extreme of full-on authentic Polynesian cultures or full-on fantasy with mermaids and birds doing Maurice Chevalier impressions and that sort of thing. If my wife and I actually had a house in which we could have a Tiki bar, it would be a toss-up between a Jules Verne/20,000 Leagues/Mysterious Island theme or a Neverland/mermaids/pirates theme. But I still love seeing everyone else's stuff, whether they're doing a Jungle Cruise themed yard or as authentic a 50's style Tiki lounge as possible or whatever. It's ALL cool!

On 2016-02-04 16:16, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

You and I have very different ideas of the definition of rudeness, welcome to America
I like to refer to it as colorful.

Stop fucking my Unicorns!

Well Unicorns that are sexually assaulted don't make rainbows, without rainbows, there is no love & joy in the world and that fucking sucks!

Charming.

Wait a stinkin' minute. So. Atomic Tiki Punk is known bully / idiot?

I do not care for his tone in addressing me in my last few posts. Atomic Tiki Punk must not have read Wauwatiki's Facebook page to comment about not seeing tiki. And not understanding the restaurant and and bar is under construction with scheduled Saint Patrick's Day opening.

As far as him trying to scold me regarding picture of Vienna Curry, that is not his thread. It is Tiki Central thread. ATP does not make the rules. I do not allow people to treat me so in real life. Do not think for a moment little Japanese girl cannot beat the living snot out of you. Always treat others as you would like to be treated.

Asking if hot dogs on the curry in subsequent post is not an apology. That is changing subject. Do you see a damn bun? No. Then how can it possibly be hot dog?

This has been going on for years? Some of the blame should be directed at yourselves for permitting Atomic Tiki Punk that behaviour.

Put a leash on your monkey. And you wonder why people such as myself stop participating on Tiki Central.

S

So here's ANOTHER person that ATP has pissed off. How many is that now? Veronica!, El Jefe, ErichTroudt, myself. That guy in the Other Crafts section that did the computer generated 'tikis'. And these are just the people that have spoken up about it/against him. We'll never know the actual number of all the people who have come here, read a few of his posts and then never returned. He's already been banned twice from this forum so what does that say about him? Ban him once and for all and watch the vibe/tone of this place completely change.

His unicorn 'joke' is just not funny. He is told by the moderator to stop with the noise and his response is,"...exit out of this thread, which should be re-titled "let's attack ATP, because he destroyed TC" and finishes it with, "Later, Tiki Bitches!", which is an insult to every person on this forum, not just those 'attacking' him.

And why do you feel like you are been attacked ATP? Do you have a guilty conscience because you know everyone is right and sick of you?

On 2016-02-04 13:02, lucas vigor wrote:

Take my own case, for example. I started posting in 2003 (under username Tiki Mick) and started right away with the same opinionated comments I also make around my own friends on facebook and in person.
Instantly, I was judged as being negative. People automatically assumed I had some sort of malicious intent. But my motivation was strictly to find “like minds” to converse with, and I was surprised that there were none! I admit, it took me over 11 years or so to finally figure it out, which is also why I stopped posting.

As regards unfriendly posters chasing newbies away, one thing people need to understand: I went back and looked at some of my more combative posts from the old days. I found that there were other combative people who were also very negative, and argumentative, and opinionated calling ME a troll. Isn’t that a case of the kettle calling the pot black? Time and time again, the same names would come up. And the people I was tangling with were people that in many cases I had never met in person, but who were totally rude and unpleasant to me as though I had fucked their sister, instead of just arguing whether the grateful dead is tiki or not. It was that level of animosity that drove me away, and probably drives others away.

So when someone like “swizzle” calls ATP or myself a troll, maybe he should look at his own disruptive behavior. I never even met Swizzle! For all I know, he could be a great guy in person but I will never know. That is something to consider.

Bay park Buzzy and Grog both asked me to leave this forum. Bay park Buzzy. Never even met the guy! Don’t know why my opinions meant so much to him! Grog? I thought we were cool. When he was having his health issues, I was genuinely worried and concerned, and sent positive thoughts out for him. Yet my posts about the Beatles were enough to make him tell me to leave.

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2016-02-04 13:04 ]

So let's look at what you are saying here Lucas, especially since you are calling me out by name. You are ADMITTING that when you first started posting you started right away with 'opinionated' comments you would make around your friends. This is your (and ATP's) problem. Besides the people on this forum that you do actually know in person, nobody here is your friend. You/we all just have a common interest. The main point is, that there is no tone in the written word. That is what you and ATP just don't get. Having an opinion is all well and good (what's that saying about assholes?) but if you can't express yourself in type in the right way people are going to see you as negative, argumentative and a troll.
That's what happened to me. I became a kettle to yours and ATP's pots because i was constantly reading posts/comments by the two of you that was ruining my experience here at TC. I was only trolling trolls.

If Buzzy and GROG had issues with you also, then who is the common denominator here? I have actually met both of those guys in person a couple of times now. What they think of me, i don't know. You'd have to ask them. What they think of me now after reading some of my comments, i don't know that either. Maybe they're surprised with what i've said and think less of me, agree with me, or couldn't care less. Again, you'd have to ask them.

And we get it. You're a musician, you love music and hate The Beatles.

Now before anyone calls me a hypocrite (yes ATP, i'm looking at you. It's one of your favourite words).........

.......For those that might have missed it, that was me. I was drunk, in a foul mood and went on a rampage. I'm man enough to admit i broke rule #2 but i'm not going to apologize for what i said because i stand by it. I'm sure there are members here who read that and thought to themselves, "Gee, he could have said/handled that differently", but actually agree with what i said. But again, so few people speak up, scared to rock the boat, that i/we'll never know.

And just for the record.....

On 2016-02-04 14:00, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Now this is going to piss off some of you, but collecting mugs/menus and what not, has nothing to do with Tiki (sure it supplements your interest in Tiki, but no one was doing it back in the days of going to Polynesian Bars & Restaurants) just as "Urban Archaeology" is not Tiki! yes I said it! it's not Tiki, it's Academic
which no one was also doing back in the good old days of Tiki!

They just went to a Polynesian Bar or Restaurant for some cocktails & escapism from their post war/working lives, to have a good time
And it was that time in history that draws us all together here.

And that is what Tiki is.

I completely agree with this and see it this way myself.

And on a final note, this is the last thing i'm going to say in this thread, even if Lucas and ATP decide to retaliate.

On 2016-02-03 20:59, woofmutt wrote:

As far as TC goes.... it seems dominated by people who think of TC as FB and post whatever bit of fluff floats through their skulls. I used to rail against that, now I just don't care. Fluff away!

That is what MY issue is with TC and i've actually stopped using FB for the very same reason. The inane posts in 'tiki' groups on FB were just doing my head in. It's a shame it's the same here.

[ Edited by: swizzle 2016-02-05 00:53 ]

Wow Trader Tom, that is a lot of info on the subject. Thanks for sharing, you can't get anymore informative and on topic than that.

On 2016-02-04 19:41, stevekh wrote:
it's a neat time we're in that things can be produced so niche and somewhat affordable

I think it is great. You might be correct and I am guilty of this for sure.

On 2016-02-04 23:22, Veronica! wrote:

Charming.

Wait a stinkin' minute. So. Atomic Tiki Punk is known bully / idiot?

I do not care for his tone in addressing me in my last few posts. Atomic Tiki Punk must not have read Wauwatiki's Facebook page to comment about not seeing tiki. And not understanding the restaurant and and bar is under construction with scheduled Saint Patrick's Day opening.

As far as him trying to scold me regarding picture of Vienna Curry, that is not his thread. It is Tiki Central thread. ATP does not make the rules. I do not allow people to treat me so in real life. Do not think for a moment little Japanese girl cannot beat the living snot out of you. Always treat others as you would like to be treated.

Asking if hot dogs on the curry in subsequent post is not an apology. That is changing subject. Do you see a damn bun? No. Then how can it possibly be hot dog?

This has been going on for years? Some of the blame should be directed at yourselves for permitting Atomic Tiki Punk that behaviour.

Put a leash on your monkey. And you wonder why people such as myself stop participating on Tiki Central.

Veronica! I like you. Please do not stop participating on Tiki Central :)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 5, 2016 1:39 AM

Wow! TIKI DRAMA, as Ben say. Crazy thread, but good seeing people posting.

GROG not remember asking Lucas Vigor to leave, but if Lucas say GROG did, then it must have been so.
All those people sending GROG PMs thanking GROG--- you're....welcome?

And those people asking GROG to get rid of ATP----GROG sleep with his wife all the time to try and piss him off, but all he does is smile and adjusts the focus on his video camera, or adjusts the lighting, or tells us to change positions so he can film at a better angle. It's frustrating, but GROG keep at it for the sake of TC, Tiki in general, and the world at large. GROG not into beastiality, so GROG not sure who is screwing his unicorns, but it's gotta be somebody else he's pissed off and wants him to leave. If he keeps pissing people off, pretty soon he won't have anything he owns that hasn't been violated in some form or fashion.

Swizzles' a wanker. :D

On 2016-02-05 01:39, GROG wrote:

GROG not remember asking Lucas Vigor to leave, but if Lucas say GROG did, then it must have been so.

You didn't exactly... Lucas had another one of his "nobody likes me or my hapa haole music and band" classic temper tantrum meltdowns, and publically announced his intention to leave and quit TC "for good" for the 5th or 6th time. We told him that if he did, he'd better stick to it and not come back this time, because by that point, we'd all seen that routine enough times to know he'd be back.

And like herpes, here he is again!
Buzzy Out!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Feb 5, 2016 2:39 AM

:lol:

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2016-02-05 02:45 ]

T

Welcome Veronica! great post.
And I like hot dogs, even though there were no hot dogs.

At least here in Ohio people of all walks of life are at each other throats even
see it on the news.
Maybe it's a sign of the times.

Great back and forth on this one.

It would be helpful to every now and then add something good to TC, Not aimed at anyone.
Was never saying TC sucked, just not what it was or could be.

T

I'm sure GROG brought some Chlorine to the party (-:

U

Time to close out this thread

T

Never got the whole Lock the thread thing.
Or the delete remove post thing.

Are there words so harmful that they must be stopped?

It will burn it self out in time.

If nothing else it keeps the negative stuff right here and lets people
who seem to hate each other get it out.

Plus hey it's the month of love,
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

I'll try to make this real quick. Woofmutt and swizzle's comments bring up interesting points:

On 2016-02-03 20:59, woofmutt wrote:
As far as TC goes.... it seems dominated by people who think of TC as FB and post whatever bit of fluff floats through their skulls. I used to rail against that, now I just don't care. Fluff away!

On 2016-02-05 00:51, swizzle wrote:
That is what MY issue is with TC and i've actually stopped using FB for the very same reason. The inane posts in 'tiki' groups on FB were just doing my head in. It's a shame it's the same here.

With all this back-and-forth, are we really just asking for more moderator involvement? Karl, any thoughts on this? Nobody completely enjoys "posting police," but it does help keep us all in the right grooves, and could have prevented the meltdowns from getting out of control.

Hey, we're all human, so I overlook a lot here. Nobody really gets under my skin. I have no axe to grind with anyone here regardless of points of view. But it does get out of hand, and additional moderation may be a good thing for us.

8T

I have followed this thread farther than I intended to but it has some relevance and as long as people keep their heads I think their thoughts are nice to see here.
So here on TC I am looking for many things including but not exclusively: pictures of new discoveries, new and recent trends, information on places I may never get to see or that are long gone, ideas for decor, art pieces from some of the most talented and eager artists ever, music, food, drinks and .....in summation, the Forums! So that is why I am here every single day. I don't post every day but I read posts every day. Old and new. I don't have time to argue with someone else and I hope my submissions don't distract negatively as I do not intend to and am not trying to invite criticism. This post started about fluctuating prices and has morphed around just as any thread can do. I don't buy many tiki things online so I don't have any personal experience to add on that but thanks for letting us comment on the path this thread has taken. I will close with a few thoughts from my Grandpa.
He said: There's one (or more) in every crowd. I may be the one. And: There's more horses asses than there are horses. So try not too take things too personally and have a thick skin. Still, there's no excuse for bad behavior. So next time you are posting, try to make a new friend on TC instead of an enemy. :)

TM

On 2016-02-05 02:30, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

You didn't exactly... Lucas had another one of his "nobody likes me or my hapa haole music and band" classic temper tantrum meltdowns, and publically announced his intention to leave and quit TC "for good" for the 5th or 6th time. We told him that if he did, he'd better stick to it and not come back this time, because by that point, we'd all seen that routine enough times to know he'd be back.

And like herpes, here he is again!
Buzzy Out!

Case in point. Like Herpes? You are rude and personally insulting. And like I asked last time, have we ever even met? Have I had any interaction with you ANYWHERE? What gives you the right to be so morally superior?

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2016-02-05 08:27 ]

TM
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.