Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disneyland Trader Sams Nautilus

Pages: 1 15 replies

Anybody know if Disneyland is now selling the Nautilus mug or is it still only Disneyworld? I read somewhere that they were considering bringing it to Disneyland

Just Disneyworld.

K

I'd check your source as to where you read that. :wink: But you never know, I suppose.

I would love for them to bring it to Disneyland, but that is probably wishful thinking. The Nautilus drink is tied with the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea-related decor at WDW's Trader Sam's, which is in turn tied to the defunct 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction there. There are some 20,000 Leagues references at the Anaheim Trader Sam's (I charted them here), but nothing with that strong of a connection.

Being a huge Jules Verne, 20,000 Leagues fan, I'm still trying to get my paws on one of those!

It's really annoying that they don't have one. Have it in another colour or something but at least carry it at DL. I don't even think Trader Sams at DL has an exclusive. I'm heading there this October and wanted to pick it up. It's my favourite Disney film and reeeeeally want one for the bar. Guess it's ebay for now. :,(

On 2016-02-17 19:20, VanIsleVibes wrote:
...I don't even think Trader Sams at DL has an exclusive.

• Krakatoa (two versions)
  • Shipwreck on the Rocks (two versions)
  • The original Uh Oa
  • The original Shrunken Zombie Head

On 2016-02-17 19:20, VanIsleVibes wrote:
It's really annoying that they don't have one. Have it in another colour or something but at least carry it at DL. I don't even think Trader Sams at DL has an exclusive. I'm heading there this October and wanted to pick it up. It's my favourite Disney film and reeeeeally want one for the bar. Guess it's ebay for now. :,(

The Shipwreck at DL is only found there (most of the others that Loki-Tiki pointed out are more like variations really). But I know what you mean. Getting to WDW from Calgary is an expensive enough endurance trial. From Vancouver Island? I can only imagine.

The shipwreck is DL only? Good to know, thought it was both parks. Still, it's not a Nautilus.
Yeah, I think its Van Isle to Calgary then Florida. $ $$ $$$
If the exclusive wasn't a character / object from a disney film, I wouldn't care as much. But to make the Nautilus exclusive kinda sucks... exclusives should be colour variations only or something. Meh

K

I think you're probably alone in that feeling for the most part. To offer variations of a tiki mug at almost any establishment is a headache. At a Disney resort, where people plan far in advance and get upset at the smallest of inconveniences, it would be a nightmare. I'm sure a new glaze or sculpt will come in a few years but as it is, it's a big vessel and expensive.

On 2016-02-18 11:10, kkocka wrote:
At a Disney resort, where people plan far in advance and get upset at the smallest of inconveniences

It's the happiest place on earth! Until they're temporarily out of wedding anniversary buttons. Then it's hell to pay for the nearest castmember!

I guess I'm a Disneyzilla.
I WANT A NAUTILUS!! Rawr!!

Does DL have anything in the way of Polynesian venues? It would be cool if they at least had a BouTiki like in DW

[ Edited by: VanIsleVibes 2016-02-18 19:06 ]

On 2016-02-18 17:28, VanIsleVibes wrote:
Does DL have anything in the way of Polynesian venues? It would be cool if they at least had a BouTiki like in DW

The closest is the Adventureland Bazaar, which is just the shop in Adevntureland. Whatever Tiki stuff they have at any given time will be on sale there. Whether or not it's any good will depend on what the current product line is. When we went in December, I picked up the ceramic Dole Whip trinket box.

The closest is the Adventureland Bazaar, which is just the shop in Adevntureland. Whatever Tiki stuff they have at any given time will be on sale there. Whether or not it's any good will depend on what the current product line is. When we went in December, I picked up the ceramic Dole Whip trinket box.

Good to know! Thanks! Mmmm.... Dole Whip. It's the first thing I'm eating when I get in.

Where were you when it took me two months to sell the last Nautilus Mug I had. Almost everyone that wanted one has one by now. They've been out for 9-10 months.

ugh... sound like my luck. Haha!

K

On 2016-02-20 07:51, TheParkCollector wrote:
Where were you when it took me two months to sell the last Nautilus Mug I had. Almost everyone that wanted one has one by now. They've been out for 9-10 months.

Probably because you're an ebayer by trade. :P

Pages: 1 15 replies