Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Getting started...

Pages: 1 7 replies

Rescued a 70's Tiki bar from certain death last year, put it in our front room, added some surf green mid-century lounge chairs, and boom! Tiki bar. I have been lurking here for awhile, about to embark on my very first build. Moving from tiki bar to tiki room.

I will be sketching out designs and researching materials (I have never worked with bamboo) and hopefully this all comes out great.

The new bar will be in the back left corner of the room, "L" shaped, with shelves behind. Old bar will move to the garage, back patio, or Craigslist. I'm somewhat limited on space for the future tiki room, it's a small mid-century dining room that my wife has generously allowed me to convert to a tiki room.

Here's a few pics of the space, for reference the bar is 52 w x 41 h.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the space. Kingfisher from Austin, have we met??

Congratulations and good luck on the project! Can you post a couple more photos of the bar?

Mikehooker, good chance we have met. Pretty sure that I've been in your shop...and once upon a time I had a huge record collection. I played steel guitar with pretty much every local country outfit for about a decade before settling in to my sales job.

My future tiki room is the room that used to house my record collection...I kept one vintage lap steel, for Hawaiian music!

Here's a few of the bar, not a bad build from the 70's...actually has a decent set of bamboo stools with it. If I can find a good way to configure the room, I may keep it as opposed to building a new one. Room is 9 x 12 with a window on the front 9ft side.

That bar does look to be in good shape. Nice find! Not that you asked but I would build a new top or make something to cover over all that tile work.
Looking forward to seeing your progress on the space.

Congratulations for snagging a room (nice wife). Have fun, sounds like you already have plans so post pics as you go.

W

The blonde wood on the bar with the pinstripes between them give it a cool surf vibe. I like.

Pages: 1 7 replies