Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Hooked on The OC!

Pages: 1 18 replies

Okay, okay so we admit it. T & I were watching The OC tonight.

What can I say? We're hooked.

God help us!

Congrats! Admission is the first step to recovery! Are you formerly of the Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place viewership?

:lol:

Kill your television.

Uhg, the Fox press release on this show sounds bad, and not bad in a good way:

"The O.C., otherwise known as Orange County, California, is an idyllic paradise – a wealthy, harbor-front community where everything and everyone appears to be perfect. But beneath the surface is a world of shifting loyalties and identities, of kids living secret lives, hidden from their parents, and of parents living secret lives, hidden from their children. RYAN ATWOOD, a troubled teen from the wrong side of the tracks who is thrust into this world, will soon learn that nothing is what it seems. He moves to the O.C. when SANDY COHEN, an idealistic pro-bono public defender, invites him to stay in his guest house. Sandy's wife, KIRSTEN, wealthy and beautiful, former homecoming queen, perfect spouse, mother, and business woman, isn't happy that Ryan has moved in. And she's worried about how it will affect their teenage son SETH, a soulful dreamer ostracized by his peers. Making the whole situation more interesting is MARISSA COOPER, the heartbreakingly beautiful girl next door who seems to glide through life effortlessly. That is, until the indiscretions of her wealthy father JIMMY threaten to break her world apart. The O.C. is a story of fathers and sons, husbands and wives, and the coming of age of three young people. Ryan's arrival is the catalyst for new alliances forged, old flames rekindled, and unlikely friendships born."

How come those people on that show don't have tiki bars? I though everybody in "The OC" has one?

Hmm, sounds like my home town of Fishkill...

Say 40 Kon Tiki's, drink 10 lapu lapu's, and kiss your elbow....
That will kill the temptation...

************ Secret Announcement **********

Hey! I have a copy of the next OC episode, and here's a little bit of it:

The story starts out as Bong, an annoying smart-ass, with an enormous zit on his forehead, looks to score on free booze and food by setting up a new holiday called "International Tiki Day".

To assist 'Bong' in his quest for cheap highs are a number of shady characters in the OC scene who are also beset by personal flaws: there's Baxdog, the new-age beat poet that must rhyme every sentence that leaves his mouth; there's Crazy Al, the coconut banging tiki carver that is at least 3 personalities rolled up in one (our censors advised us to not describe "Crazy Al" any further); there's Bamboo Ben, the full-grown adolescent punk that alledgedly used to sleep under the pool table at the Cookoo's Nest; there's the international traveling duo of Tina and Arty, that get paid to lead the "good life" in a quest for stories in 'Orange County' magazine. (There are a host of other questionable personalities that we cannot describe due to our 9:00 time slot.)

The episode begins at the International Tiki Day party given at Baxdog's abode. The night is filled with a lurid, sexual undertone as the sleazy cast assembles in order to pray to their pagen gods. Drunken antics give way to unbridled lust as master mixer Al gropes Shelly during The Smokin' (and what were they smoking?) Menehunes rendition of 'Sleepwalk'; later on Crazy Al, dressed only in palm frawns, gyrates to the polynesian beats of the fire dancer, as the sexually depraved diving dog looks on.

The night ends in a drunken orgy in 'tent city' out in front of the residence. The following morning, Baxdog prepares blue pancakes for the cheesy cast of characters. The show ends with all producing 'blue poo poo' (how fitting).

Home come BONG is not on the show? That's the real OC!

"Live the Aloha Spirit or I KILL YOU!"
-Bong-

Dang! Bong, you beat me to it!

S

Another Tiki Bong classic!

You're too funny, man! You outta pitch this one to Fox.

I hear sexually depraved diving dawgs are making a comeback.

Aloha,

Arty

IN THE ZEN OF STEN

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2003-08-13 14:07 ]

I noticed that the OC has used Newport Beach as the main stage for the show. I've lived in Newport all my life and there are people like in that show that live here. Usually those people didn't grow up in Newport though.

It's those baffoons that don't know sh*t about beach culture (I don't mean tiki either) that try to be 'OC' or 'Newport'. Those people are such idiots. I wish this show would sink quickly and quit giving Newport a worse name than how people already perceive it, even if it is along the same lines as the show.

...and stay off my damn wave!!

Sorry, but I love that show too.

Hey Lucky, I thought you lived in Stockton part of your life.

Thanks for paying attention to my posts. Actually, I went to college in Stockton at the University of the Pacific. I was only there for five years but it was a good experience being away from 'The OC' for awhile. I ended up with a bigger perspective on life and a whole lot of Islander mugs.

T

I have been watching The OC since I cannot actually be in The OC.

Yes, I watched Melrose (Heather Locklear -- no issue there) and 90210 (I like ZIP code shows like that Room 222 show).

The cast on The OC are not as good looking as I figured they would be (or should be) for a teenage titilation show. Then again, the don't have a Tori Spelling weird faced, weird boob looking character either. (Did you ever notice that her boobs came out of the top of here stomach and not her chest?)

I do think if they did a "The Tiki OC" show that the viewership would go up.

Either that or they need to go ahead and start with the gratuitous sex already!

[ Edited by: tikibob on 2003-08-14 14:02 ]

sh*t
I got totally hooked too - to the point that I forgot comPLETEly that I had band practice!!

To rub salt in, I'll never be able to see another show again, as band practice is alwyas Monday night!

The pain! The pain! Withdrawal!

Somebody (tikibob? floratina?) better watch very carefully and email me a blow-by-blow summary of each episode. Will Thief Kid get the girl of his dreams ever, Rich Drunk Next Door Girl???

No, I never watched 90210 nor Melrose. I'm due for some looooow trash, thankyouverymuch.

The OC

T

On 2003-08-14 23:38, Formikahini wrote:
Somebody (tikibob? floratina?) better watch very carefully and email me a blow-by-blow summary of each episode.

As I said, they have not started the gratuitous sex part yet.

But, yes, we will keep you informed.

TB

Pages: 1 18 replies