Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki midcentury furniture

Pages: 1 5 replies

Howdy folks,

I recently stumbled (and purchased) onto some midcentury style furniture that I think may fit in well with a room I want to use as a music room (vinyl) and tiki bar. I'm having trouble finding out any info on the side tables, especially the style, but I've seen some tiki rooms with this style of furniture in them. Can anyone help me identify the tables, and the material used on the front doors? They appear to be a mesh type of material made from wood?

UT

Nice tables. The top veneer appears to be book matched so that's a sign of a decent manufacturer. The front door panels might be some type of rush material. The style is somewhat MCM and I think it would fit well in a home bar. Are there any makers marks at all the piece?

T

Franks cane and rush...
http://www.franksupply.com/caning/press-in-caning.html#webbing

Fine Radio Weave?
Or
W701
Medium Radio Weave
Only Available in 24" width?

Unca T-Skip,
The knowledge displayed on this site never ceases To amaze me. After some thought on my part I think I figured out what “book matched:” and fine radio weave meant.
Mahalo and keep on posting.

Wow! Thanks, guys! That actually helps out a lot. The veneer is walnut and it looks great now. Good to know about the cane doors, thanks!

I cleaned it up a bit with soap/water last night and applied a light coat of mineral oil. Really happy with the them.

[ Edited by: absolute60 2016-03-09 07:21 ]

[ Edited by: absolute60 2016-03-09 07:27 ]

A60, That’s a good looking piece!

Pages: 1 5 replies