Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

2016 cap city tiki crawl (sept 30 & october 1 & 2) need your email crawlers

Pages: 1 2 71 replies

2016 Cap City Tiki Home Bar Crawl

I distributed the stop addresses via email, so if you don't have that, please message me with your email address.

This is 3 solid days of crawling...WE CAN DO IT!!!

Friday, September 30
(Elk Grove & Sacramento)
•1pm-3pm – Dave & Eva
•4pm-6pm - Tank House
•6:30pm-whenever - Brenda’s

Saturday, October 1
(Sacramento/Grass Valley)
•10am -12pm – Swanberg’s/Lauren
•1pm - 4pm – Barbara & Audrey
•6pm - 10pm - Cecily & Bruce Dewing

Sunday, October 2
(Roseville/Lincoln)
•9:30am-11:30am – Gingers for Breakfast
•12pm-3pm – Debbie Whitaker
•4pm - whenever – Dale & Tonie Jenkins

CRAWL LIST
Please send me your email so I can send you the e=Vite with addresses of our stops.

1. Marlene/VampiressRN
  2. Sandy/Corona Contessa
    3,4) Wendy & Dan/DanLovesTikis
  3. Mark Whitehead/shop99er
    6,7) Chris & Karen Garland/WooHooWahine
    8 ) Debbie Whitaker/
  4. Debbie Whitehead/Dancin' Lizard
    10,11) Barbara & Audrey/
  5. Alan/Chop Top
  6. Robyn/
  7. Laura Lee/
  8. Brian Faulkner?
  9. Woody Miller/
  10. Cathi Wartelle/
  11. Brigitte Crawford/
    19,20) Keith & Molly Richardson/
  12. Denise Marie/
  13. Brenda Ray/
  14. Matt Hull/
  15. Erik Danielles/
  16. Monty Dunnigan
  17. Reg Huber
  18. /Tikitastic
  19. Mike/Moai Mike
  20. Cole Unger/
  21. Debbie Eyman-Whitehead/
    31,32) Mike Mac & Sister/
  22. Gregory Ramirez/
  23. Duane/Psycho Tiki D
  24. /ebtiki
  25. /JJMaiTai
  26. Dave & Eva/Whylee Raven
  27. /LokiTiki
    39,40) Tom & Terri/TikiTNT
  28. Dru Bornhoeft/
  29. Justin Wojslaw/
  30. Annette Kerns
  31. Stephen Holt
  32. Barb Lawrence
  33. Eric/Savage Tiki
  34. Michael Boyle/
  35. Joanne/
  36. Rob Wagner/slowhandtikiman
  37. /Doc Fried
  38. Vance Klinke/
  39. Gabrial Baldwin/
    53,54) Dale & Tonie/Tiki Tonie
  40. Lauren Lundsten/
  41. Amanda HD/
  42. Kele Von Schultz/
  43. Donovan Goble/
  44. AquaAloha
  45. Nate Kranda
  46. Jeff Bannow
  47. Terry Patton
  48. mondo-by-the-bay
  49. John Mumford
    65,66) Maggy & J
    67,68) Heather and Brandon Evers

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2016-09-18 16:14 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2016-09-25 13:16 ]

Six years of Sacramento Crawl mugs and now I'm working on the 7th for 2016. It will be the hardest to make mug so far. I'll start posting photos in May.

S

So, how's this shaping up?

Any thoughts about renting a bus for Saturday & Sunday? It worked out perfect for The Crawl we just went on in San Diego. We had the bus from 12:30-7:30 and it was very affordable.

We've talked about that in the past and think it's time for us to dive into the pool and give it a try thanks for the suggestion will check it out.

Wow VampiressRN and host this looks terrific. I sure hope it all works out. Wendy

Thanks Wendy. Still working on the details.

Is anyone interested in our Cap City Tiki fez....with our very own ceramic logo (by Tonie Jenkins).

S

YES!

On 2016-05-12 11:56, VampiressRN wrote:
We've talked about that in the past and think it's time for us to dive into the pool and give it a try thanks for the suggestion will check it out.

Some school districts lease out a bus and driver for the day. When you break it down per person it's a reasonable fee.

Not sure of the regulations in Sacramento but you may be able to get a banquet permit for the day to allow drinking on the bus.

SACRAMENTO CRAWL MUG sign ups are open, just let me know if you want one and I'll put you on the list.

Here are the previous mugs 2010 -2015. Zombie Hut, Tiki Bob's, Hawaiian Hut, Coral Reef, Albert's Tiki Villiage and the Bali Hai.

Each year I do a mug that is from a place that existed in the Sacramento, California area. I try to figure out a style that will work for each place.

This year I will do a life size pineapple. This real one is my guide but of course I also use artistic license.

The place I have chosen to represent this year is The Tropics. I have borrowed all these photos from the posts by atomicpear on Tiki Central. He made this mug possible. The photo souvenir says 1945 when I did research using the Sacramento Library there never was a placement of the phone number nor an add in the phone book. I think this place was short lived.

So I have the place, I have the design but I needed a tiki. One fell in our laps at the antique sale under the freeway in Sacramento. The man told us it was a decoration in a tiki bar in the 1940's I decided to believe him and to purchase it so I could put it on the pineapple mug.

The next step will be to sculpt the mug. To see all the steps go to my thread under "other crafts". Cheers, Wendy

Sign ups for the 2016 Pineapple crawl mug. Mugs are handed out at each stop of the crawl. First to ask gets the lowest number. I may also have some Artist Proofs that will sell for the same price. This years mug is $85. After 100 uses the mold will be destroyed. I will have 60 for the crawl plus the AP's.

There are some assigned numbers based on those numbers having been purchased at all the crawls. Many low numbers, even number 1 will be there for the taking, so come to the first stop and grab me fast!

Thank you. This is going to be another wonderful crawl.

Buddy Newby (HTHG Paid for by Paypal)
#13 Laura Lee Riley
#47 Choptop Paid by Paypal
Brian P. Faulkner Paid by Paypal
Robyn Lednock-Hass Paid by Paypal

#10 Sandy Paid by Paypal
#11 VampiressRN Paid by Paypal
Woody Miller
Cathi Wartelle Paid by Paypal
Brigitte Crawford PAID by Paypal

#41 Keith Richardson
Denise Marie Hopkins PAID by Paypal
Brenda Ray Paid by Paypal
#25 Matt Hull PAID by Paypal
Erik Danielles

Monty Dunnigan
#22 Debbie Whitaker Moretton Paid by Paypal
#99 Dancin' Lizard

Moai Mike Paid by Paypal
Cole Unger
Debbie Eyman-Whitehead
Mike Mac
Mike Mac's sister

Gregory Ramirez Paid by Paypal
Mahalo Tiki Paid by Paypal
bobtiki
ebtiki
Moai Mike

JJMaiTai aka Jeremy and Stephanie by Paypal (HTHG needs to pay)
Karen Stuetz-Garland
Whylee Raven aka Dr. Tiki Mojo Paid by Paypal
LokiTiki
#20 TikiTNT Paid by Paypal

Dru Bornhoeft + HTHG Paid for both by Paypal
Justin Wojslaw
Annette Kerns
Stephen Holt + (HTHG Paid for this one)
Savage Tiki Paid by Paypal

Michael Boyle
Joanne K.
slowhandtikiman Rob Wagner PAID by Paypal bring necklace for him.
Doc Fried
Vance Klinke Paid by Paypal wants #12 if possible

Gabrial Baldwin Paid by Paypal
Tiki Tonie and Dale Paid by Paypal
Lauren Lundstun
AmandaHD Paid by Paypal
Donovan Goble

AquaAloha aka Heather Evers PAID using Paypal
Nate Kranda Paid by Paypal PU
Jeff Bannow + HTHG
Terry Patton Paid by Paypal PU
mondo-by-the-bay

kingstiedye Paid by Paypal
Miss Monk-ii aka Maggie
Cecily Dewing
Barry Hawn fb

Waiting list
Heath

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-09-29 19:55 ]

MM

aloha, Wendy! Please put me on the list for a crawl mug. Chuck and I will be there, of course!

Moai Mike

JMT

Wendy, Please put me down for a crawl mug. Thanks, Jeremy Sherlock

WooHoo....Add us to the list Wendy!!! Since we will be celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary we would love to have Mug #7 if available. Mahalo!!

WooHooWahine make it to the first stop and grab it first. I can't hang onto low numbers unless they had been assigned since the start back in 2010. See you then, Wendy

T

Aloha everyone! We're in for a bus ! It would da'kine if it was a potion positive ride! tikitnt - out!

I think a bus is a very cool idea. We will have to take our car to haul all the mugs to each stop but we'll join in the fun when the stop is reached. Wendy

My niece makes buttons. She made these for me. I plan to hand out the Hot Tub Hula Girl buttons at Tiki Oasis. You see me just ask for one. The white button I will hand out at the Sacramento Crawl.

She can put a photo and lettering of whatever your heart desires on a button. Different sizes and quantities are available.
I bought the largest size 1 and 1/2 inch and ordered 100 each. If you wanted that many and that large they cost for one hundred $40.

There are many less expensive options. She can be reached at [email protected]

I was talking with Marlene and we thought it would be fun to trade these and to pin them on the crawl fez.

Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2016-05-19 20:38 ]

On page 498 of my "other crafts" thread I am posting photos of all the steps to making the Sacramento Crawl mug 2016.
I am having a lot of fun with this design. I've ordered some beautiful glazes that aren't found on real pineapples.
I hope to make a real work of art with this one.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=7455&7467

Cheers, Wendy

Thank you so much Wendy for providing us with this button option I'll be having some made for my VampTiki lounge to share with others

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=last&7470

Here's a quick link to see the progress on the mug as of today. One side is done. Cheers, Wendy

Here are the photos of the finished sculpture for the Sacramento Crawl mug. Sign up now, please, Wendy

The top will change. When I cast them I am cutting and adding clay to the leaves. It will look very different in that area.

It says of 100 but I'm making 60 for the crawl and some glaze tests. I reserve the right to use this mold 100 times total before I destroy it. That way I can alter some on the Wish Lists.

W

Sculpt is looking great Wendy! Excited for the crawl, but I'll see some of you before then.

Wow...delightfully ambitious Wendy & Dan. It's going to be awesome indeed.

Woodtiki looking forward to running into you.

VampiressRN Thank you. This is a full size pineapple. One day I'll have to see how much it will hold.

Cheers, Wendy

I'll be attending as many sites as I a can manage, but, definitely Friday. Brenda and Scott's always a treat!

Wendy, please sign me up for a Crawl mug, what ever number I fall into is fine. I just hope there's one left???
Rob
aka Slowhandtikiman

slowhandtikiman you are on the list. Those at the crawl get mugs first and then the left over mugs start shipping to the out of town people. I'm sure there will be enough for everyone.

Cheers, Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=last&7517

This is the link to see the very first cast of the crawl mug. However the mug will evolve and the top will be different on the crawl mugs. Wendy

Is there a ground zero for this crawl? The Mr. and I need to arrange a hotel room for the event. We'd like it to be close to where we are going to be.

There isn't an event hotel and the crawl covers many miles. A GPS really helps out. VampiressRN will give you the addresses closer to the crawl.

For one crawl I recorded that I drove 400 miles to go to every home and fun business. Each crawl has changes so I don't know how many miles this one will be.

The closest hotels for stops in Elk Grove would be the Holiday Inn Express and the Hilton. They are across the road from each other just off Laguna Blvd.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elk Grove Ctrl - Sacramento S

http://www.ihg.com

9175 W Stockton Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95758 · ~10.2 mi

(916) 478-9000

=========================================

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove

hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com

9241 Laguna Springs Dr, Elk Grove, CA 95758 · ~10.3 mi

(916) 691-1900

=========================================

I know that Moai Mike and Polynesian Paddy stay in different hotels each night so they can check in close to the last stop.

VampiressRN can help you out more. With the other days. It will be great to meet you. Wendy

On 2016-06-13 08:46, danlovestikis wrote:

There isn't an event hotel and the crawl covers many miles. A GPS really helps out. VampiressRN will give you the addresses closer to the crawl.

I know that Moai Mike and Polynesian Paddy stay in different hotels each night so they can check in close to the last stop.

VampiressRN can help you out more. With the other days. It will be great to meet you. Wendy

Well, being GeoCachers we've set with GPSers!

This crawl is way different than the ones we've been on in Oregon and Washington. Those were all on a bus and all within a 50 mile radius...give or take.

Thanks for the info! We are looking forward to meeting new tiki people!

Very cool. This crawl has always been spectacular. Wendy

The last of the crawl mugs are having their bisque fire. Soon I'll be doing my test glazes even though I think I know what glazes I will use.

Cheers, Wendy

Z

Looking at a job at the Sutter hospital in Lakeport, could be I'll make this .

zond2 I worked at Sutter Medical Center in Sacramento for 34 years and Dan for 25. We hope you make it here and there!

=========================

The last batch is out of the kiln.

All of the Sacramento Crawl mugs made it though the first firing. Now it's time to start glazing. Right now the glaze I chose is on back order.
They sent me half of it the first time so I'm committed. Should be here in another week.

They are all in the hallway and covered with plastic until the marathon begins.

Cheers, Wendy

T

Welcome home and congrats on the successful firing! btw, each one holds five gallons of your favorite libation :wink:

TikiHula I know that last year TikiTNT had to order two painkillers to fill his mug. This year it might take three! It is a life size pineapple.

Happy Birthday to yooooooooooooooooooooooooou, tomorrow. I wish you a great day, Wendy

Hi Folks...sorry to be so far behind in setting up my eMail & eVite groups. I'll get it done by next weekend...I promise. Been brain dead on the weekends. Work is very busy so trying to stay on top of that.

Got my VampTiki buttons and they are great and will be good hand-outs. The buttons are 1 1/2 inch in diameter. They were made by Wendy's niece. Here is the FB post from Wendy. "Jennifer my niece makes buttons. You take the photo and tell her what words and colors and she'll make very cool buttons for you. These are her largest 1.5 inches $40 per 100. She can even just do one button and has different sizes to choose from." Sorry, I don't take great pictures.

The Swizzle Sticks search so far requires large quantity single decor, so need to do some more shopping

On 2016-05-16 16:54, danlovestikis wrote:
SACRAMENTO CRAWL MUG sign ups are open, just let me know if you want one and I'll put you on the list.

Wendy, please put us on the list--one mug for mondo-by-the-bay (any number is fine). Another fabulous design--the mug looks great!

Thanks from Karen & Hoppy

I've got you on the list, thank you Karen

Cheers, Wendy

I have been working steadily on the crawl mugs since January 1st. I will start to post the step by step photos soon. Cheers, Wendy

Everyone, please read the intro to this thread for corrections to the crawl list. Times are drafted until I hear from the hosts.

CRAWL LIST
Please let me know if you are on the list but not crawling or if I missed your name as a crawler. I also have some partial names so any help there would be great.

1. Mark Whitehead /shop99er

2. Debbie Whitehead/Dancin' Lizard

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2016-08-09 16:58 ]

On the other hand...you have more fingers.

[ Edited by: Dancin' Lizard 2016-08-16 17:28 ]

S

Is there a set-in-stone schedule? Far as I can tell, this is a three-day crawl, F-Sun.

i'll make a few stops.

Me and a couple other Atomic Angels girls would love to do the crawl this year! Please add us to the list, Jamie-Lynn, Deanna, and Krystal :)

VampiressRN will add times to the schedule as the date comes closer. You never know when a change will come up due to family emergencies etc. It is a 3 day crawl with great people and places to go.

I just got home from Tiki Oasis. That and the Sacramento Crawl are our favorite events each year.

I made 60 crawl mugs and a few artist proofs. Most of the 60 are spoken for but the artist proofs are first to ask gets them. All are the same price of
$85 dollars. The mug is a life size pineapple and weighs between 3.5 and 4 pounds each. I will begin posting photos of glazing these mugs in a few days.

People at the crawl always get mugs first and if I run out I will make more. The mold will be destroyed after 100 total has been made.

The sign up list is on page 1 of this thread.

Cheers, Wendy

THE SACRAMENTO CRAWL MUGS ARE FINISHED AND BOXED UP FOR THE EVENT. I HAVE BEGUN TO POST THE NEXT STEP BY STEPS TO MAKING THE MUG ON MY "OTHER CRAFTS" THREAD. THIS PAGE BEGINS WITH THE ARTIST PROOFS. 8 WILL BE AVAILALBE AT THE CRAWL FOR PURCHASE AT THE SAME PRICE AS THE MUG $85. UNLESS YOU HAVE A NUMBER ASSIGNED ALL MUGS INCLUDING THE AP'S WILL BE SOLD FIRST COME FIRST TO CHOOSE.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=7770

I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE PROCESS. CHEERS, wENDY

Pages: 1 2 71 replies