Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: The Perfect Stormy

Pages: 1 7 replies

Developed by the LH brand ambassador, Shea Hogan.

The Perfect Stormy
2 ½ oz Lemon Hart Original 1804
1 oz lime juice
¾ oz ginger syrup
4 dashes Scrappy’s Lime bitters
1 egg white
Phillips Ginger Beer to top
Dry-shake then shake with ice all ingredients except beer, double-strain into old-fashioned glass, top with beer.

EJ

On 2016-03-25 17:58, tikilongbeach wrote:

The Perfect Stormy
1 oz lime juice
¾ oz ginger syrup
1 egg white
Dry-shake then shake with ice all ingredients except beer, double-strain into old-fashioned glass, top with beer.

I think I might have to try this. I am not familiar with Scrappy's. How do you like the lime bitters?

El Jefe, this will sound nuts, but I can no longer drink alcohol so I don't know what the drink tastes like. I thought that the recipe sounded interesting and hopefully when my body can tolerate alcohol again I will try it.

EJ

On 2016-03-25 18:36, tikilongbeach wrote:
El Jefe, this will sound nuts, but I can no longer drink alcohol so I don't know what the drink tastes like. I thought that the recipe sounded interesting and hopefully when my body can tolerate alcohol again I will try it.

It does sound interesting. Thanks for posting it. When you can make it and try it let me know what you think. I will do the same.

Saw this on their facebook feed - looks really good. Definitely on my list to try.

On 2016-03-25 18:32, El Jefe wrote:

The Perfect Stormy
1 oz lime juice
¾ oz ginger syrup
1 egg white

I think I might have to try this. I am not familiar with Scrappy's. How do you like the lime bitters?

Scrappy's makes good bitters all around, but they can be hard to find. This recipe from Bitters works just as well and can be made with ingredients easily found at most stores and at online retailers.

-Zest of 4 persian limes, in strips
-Zest of 4 Key Limes, grated
-2 T. dried lime peel
-1 t. white peppercorns
-1/2 t. caraway seeds
-1 stalk of lemongrass
-1/2 t. gentian root
-1 t. hops
-2 cups Gosling's 151
-1 cup water
-2 T demerara syrup, pref 2:1

Combine all except water and syrup in a jar. Let infuse out of direct light for 2 weeks, shaking every day. Strain out solids and transfer to saucepan with water. Reserve rum infusion and set aside. Simmer for 10 minutes, then let cool completely. Transfer solids and infused water to another jar and let infuse for a week, shaking daily. Strain out solids and add infused water to reserved rum infusion. Add syrup, shake to combine, and let stand 3 days. At the end of this period, skim off any remaining debris and filter through cheesecloth into a clean container. Use as you would any other lime bitters.

EJ

On 2016-03-26 18:41, PalmtreePat wrote:

On 2016-03-25 18:32, El Jefe wrote:

The Perfect Stormy
1 oz lime juice
¾ oz ginger syrup
1 egg white

Scrappy's makes good bitters all around, but they can be hard to find. This recipe from Bitters works just as well and can be made with ingredients easily found at most stores and at online retailers.

-Zest of 4 persian limes, in strips
-Zest of 4 Key Limes, grated
-2 T. dried lime peel
-1 t. white peppercorns
-1/2 t. caraway seeds
-1 stalk of lemongrass
-1/2 t. gentian root
-1 t. hops
-2 cups Gosling's 151
-1 cup water
-2 T demerara syrup, pref 2:1

Combine all except water and syrup in a jar. Let infuse out of direct light for 2 weeks, shaking every day. Strain out solids and transfer to saucepan with water. Reserve rum infusion and set aside. Simmer for 10 minutes, then let cool completely. Transfer solids and infused water to another jar and let infuse for a week, shaking daily. Strain out solids and add infused water to reserved rum infusion. Add syrup, shake to combine, and let stand 3 days. At the end of this period, skim off any remaining debris and filter through cheesecloth into a clean container. Use as you would any other lime bitters.

Thanks for the info and that recipe Pat. I will give this a try.

I can vouch for Scrappy bitters. They are some of my favorites, especially their Hellfire.

Pages: 1 7 replies