Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Shanghai Garden, Port Saint Lucie, FL (restaurant)

Pages: 1 1 replies

Name:Shanghai Garden
Type:restaurant
Street:6634 S. US Hwy 1
City:Port Saint Lucie
State:FL
Zip:34952
Phone:772-409-4516

Description:
New Establishment in an older strip shopping center in Port St. Lucie, FL. In a town that is littered with hole-in-the-wall chinese take-out and chinese buffett restaurants, finding a old-school sit-down eat-in chinese restaurant with a lounge is hard to beat. Low tipsy factor, no tikis to be found except for the mugs....

That's right, mugs. Their drink menu is full of Polynesian cocktails (Mai Tai, Planters Punch, Scorpion bowls (Yeah!). I went for lunch today, they have a Lunch Special on Mondays and Tuesdays. Dinner combo sized meal for the Lunch Special price. I had the D4 (Kung Pao Chicken, Egg Roll, Chicken wings) for $7.95 and a Planters Punch (Dark Rum and Amaretto) for $6.95 served in a DW 113 green tiki mug.

Not really a tiki bar, but we'll take what we can on the Treasure Coast. Nice asian mural on the wall in the lounge, some old school "barrel" (not sure what you'd call them, round chairs completely covered in vinyl or naughahide). Place is full of TVs, but at least they were turned down. Digital Jukebox on the wall playing 70's easy hits at low volume (I should have looked at the selections, no one played it while I was there, unknown if the volume cranks up when playing a selection). Some microbrew signs around that I would like to see get lost and replaced with more appropriate chinese restaurant decor. Still, they just opened and if they manage to stay open, maybe they'll up the decor at a later date.

I was very happy with my visit and plan to return soon and often.

Yelp page (has pictures, I didn't bring my camera):
https://www.yelp.com/biz/shanghai-garden-port-st-lucie

Trip Adviser page:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34580-d9807044-Reviews-Shanghai_Garden-Port_Saint_Lucie_Florida.html

They tell me they're working on getting a website.

howlinowl

Had plans to meet my wife and kids at Shanghai Garden today. Wife forgot, so they stood me up (geez, thought those days were over once I'd gotten married.). Oh well, nothing a couple of Headhunters and a PuPu Platter wouldn't make better

Polynesian drink menu. Wish I'd gotten the whole thing in, the Mai Tai and Fogcutter are listed on the opposite page:

My second Headhunter (served in a Fu Manchu mug) and a PuPu platter of fried meaty goodness:

howlinowl

Pages: 1 1 replies