Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

...and so it begins...

Pages: 1 21 replies

Waikiki Tiki; Art, History, and Photographs.
Available now from Bess Press Hawaii.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Straightened image. - 2016-05-06 10:33 ]

We will be there as soon as possible.

TT

H

Phil, I can not wait to see what you are doing with your place.

Mahalo! Mrs. Waikiki Tiki spoke to Bob and Leroy at Oceanic Arts and got me Lauhala. How sweet is that? Yep I got plans...

Looking good Phil. With all your connections you should make out like a bandit and build a great space. CHEERS

The back wall is up... Quite thrilling

H

Great job, looking forward to progress pictures.

More pics please
:)

W

Your new wall makes a big difference. If you are going to actually mix drinks at your bar, you may want to consider some upgrades there, access to water and a sink are huge when you are in Mai Tai production mode....

Aloha,

I don't do anything fast. I have to ruminate obsessively over every detail. I write like that too. Appreciate the comments. All plumbing decisions have to go through Mrs Waikiki Tiki first. She likes things to be up to code. Can't blame her. Anyhow, here's a panel I'm working on.

H

Nice...

It's coming together quite nicely.

[ Edited by: Phillip Roberts 2016-11-12 11:00 ]

Niceee, Phillip. Maybe one year for me.

You can really see the difference when the white walls are covered up.

Lookin good bruddah

Dig this guy

Can't wait to see a close up of your Trader Vic's Hawaii mugs

Jon

Awesome, I love seeing build-outs from the very beginning.

You cannae do a hell of a lot with metal shelf brackets but you might consider getting a couple of cans of different coloured stone spray paint. They'll blend in more and be of a lower profile. Even just using something like this and not getting too fancy with it could bring those brackets into the same general tone as your matting or your shelf wood:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-American-Accents-12-oz-Stone-Bleached-Stone-Textured-Finish-Spray-Paint-7990830/202056396

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-American-Accents-12-oz-Stone-Mineral-Brown-Textured-Finish-Spray-Paint-238324/202056316

We did something very similar at a mate's house and it worked nicely. We tried flat colours but it just looked like painted metal - we did the stone spray paint and there was a nice depth to it, especially under the mood lighting.

On 2016-11-16 09:29, HopeChest wrote:
Awesome, I love seeing build-outs from the very beginning.

You cannae do a hell of a lot with metal shelf brackets but you might consider getting a couple of cans of different coloured stone spray paint. They'll blend in more and be of a lower profile. Even just using something like this and not getting too fancy with it could bring those brackets into the same general tone as your matting or your shelf wood:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-American-Accents-12-oz-Stone-Bleached-Stone-Textured-Finish-Spray-Paint-7990830/202056396

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-American-Accents-12-oz-Stone-Mineral-Brown-Textured-Finish-Spray-Paint-238324/202056316

We did something very similar at a mate's house and it worked nicely. We tried flat colours but it just looked like painted metal - we did the stone spray paint and there was a nice depth to it, especially under the mood lighting.

Somewhere on here in the past I saw where someone covered metal shelf brackets with two pieces of half round bamboo..that looked pretty nice.

Nice build!

Figuring out the ceiling. Added some Tapa...

More progress...

[ Edited by: Phillip Roberts 2017-11-14 09:08 ]

Filling out nicely there, Phillip. I like those new wall pieces. I desperately need some like that for my place.

Aloha,

Keep adding new stuffz!

H

Nice job, need more pictures.

Pages: 1 21 replies