Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Free Carving Logs... Who Wants 'Em?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Aloha SoCal TC Carvers!

These logs are yours for the taking if you live in SoCal and are close enough to come pick them up from my place in Rancho Santa Margarita before Friday. If not they are headed for the dumpster. Any time this week Tuesday 7/19 through Friday 7/22, daytime or evening is ok.... but remember first come first served. So please send me a PM and we can make arrangements.

Sorry about the rotated pictures... It's been so long since I posted here, I guess I forgot how to do it!

Here's what I've got:

All of these nice redwood logs originally came from Will SCTikiShack and I drove all the way up to Santa Cruz to get them. In return I carved him this Hypnotiki (modeled after Sam Gambino's painting - with permission of course!) as a token of my gratitude.

They range from 4' to 8' long, and 7" to 11" dia.

There's also a couple of 8' bamboo poles.

You can also have this half done guy if you feel like finishing him...

...and my one remaining block of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC). There's some examples at the top of this page if you want to see what it looks like carved.

I want to keep a couple of these palm logs but the rest can go. These came from Tikimecula when he moved out of California. They range 4-1/2' to 5-1/2' tall, around 11" or 12" dia.

Cheers!
Aaron

Well, y'all totally missed out! I went over and snagged these GORGEOUS redwood logs and talked story with the one and only super nice Aaron's Akua! It's been a long time, and it was great to see you and your wonderful family!

Not only did he graciously release those redwood logs, but I also got to take home an Aaron's Akua original! That's right, and I'm calling it the "tiki captive" in honor of Michelangelo's Captives that we will never know if they were just unfinished pieces or political commentary.

Any who, it was great seeing you and thank you SO MUCH for the carving logs!

H

Uhm... picture would be nice please of the carved piece.

Score! Glad somebody got 'em. I was about ready to come drag them away myself!

Ha! 4WDtiki, I'll float one or two over to you on the currents!

Hil, there is a sideways picture in the thread above, but I'll take another one shortly.

I'm STOKED to start carving these!

Aloha and thanks Jim, great to see you and Barbara again after so long! Honestly just stoked to see these go to an awesome redwood carver like yourself! Can't wait to see what you will do with them.

Hil, thanks but not much to look at yet... just an unfinished idea that I hope Polynesiac will eventually turn into an incredible Poly-Akua tiki someday!

Bill, sorry man you missed out but I still have a few palm logs to share if you want them. They were passed on to me from Tikimecula a few years back. Somehow I'm guessing you already have a big stash of palm logs though!

All good, Aaron! It would be years, if ever, the next time I'd be in your time zone. :wink:

8T

So you just pop in after almost 6 years and give away your logs? AA, what is happening? I used to love to follow your work. Like when you would carve in the parking lot at lunch time. Have missed you and wondered what was going on in your world. How many TC'ers did you get to sign your BOT ?
Hope you and the family are well. Keep in touch ok?

Your Coontiki bro.
8FT

Pages: 1 7 replies