Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is Television host Tom Bergeron related to Trader Vic?

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

Is Television host Tom Bergeron related to Trader Vic?
So my wife brought this up and the net says...

Victor Bergeron is the founder of Trader Vic's and grandfather of TV host Tom Bergeron.

You know the TV host Tom Bergeron hosting America's Funniest Home Videos and Dancing with the Stars.

Is that posted here on TC yet?
I did a search but found nothing.

I wondered the same thing about 9 months back.
Googled it, and bingo.
I figured that name wasn't too common,
So he was probably related.

I'm assuming the name is French?

Jeff btd

That is too cool. I did not know that. I wonder if Tom Bergeron has any involvement with, or ownership of, the restaurant chain.

J

Tom is not Vic's grandson. Although he has a great uncle named Victor, the middle initial and birth and death dates are wrong. Tom's family is from Massachusetts, while Trader Vic's family is all Bay Area. If they're related, it goes back at least a handful of generations, but Tom is not a direct descendant of Victor Jules Bergeron.

*edited to correct family location for Tom

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2016-09-13 10:05 ]

T

On 2016-09-07 17:18, JenTiki wrote:
Tom is not Vic's grandson. Although he has a great uncle named Victor, the middle initial and birth and death dates are wrong. Tom's family is from New Hampshire, while Trader Vic's family is all Bay Area. If they're related, it goes back at least a handful of generations, but Tom is not a direct descendant of Victor Jules Bergeron.

It was hard to find info on this so the one place that said he was related to Trader Vic could be wrong.
Did find that Tom Bergeron makes like 8 hundred thousand a year and is worth like 12 million so maybe the Trader Vic family wish they were related to him.

You mean the internet lied to me?
Damn shame.

Jeff btd

T

It could be so, maybe yes, maybe no.

Pages: 1 6 replies