Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Was anyone here buying mugs in Lodi, CA on August 13th?

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

I ran into a couple of mug collectors who cleaned out the place minutes before I arrived. (grrrr...) Are you on TC? Just curious to know what you picked up.

Mahalo!

Man, that's rough. There were times that that same thing happened to me. Did you drive all the way from SF to Lodi just for the thrift? At least you got to hang out in Lodi. That's at least worth the drive.....

sure.

http://ynucc.yeungnam.ac.kr/~bwlee/midi/lodi.mid

A Tiki Cheers To You!

Come Have A Drink At Unga's Bar

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-18 23:08 ]

M

Yeah- you know, it's never actually happened to me before. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I was in Lodi for business already. They were at the counter when I arrived and the the only mug I saw was one of those black peanut guys from the The Islander. The woman behind the counter told me that they had bought five, but couldn't describe them to me. ("They all look the same to me". gasp!) She said they had a binder with them that had pictures of all their mugs (she thought around 400), and they were talking about a rare mug that they had that was used in "Blue Hawaii".

Also, they are supposedly from Oregon.

Anyway- are you there? Anyone in the PNW know who these folks might be?

the mug from blue hawaii looks like a tiki bob- it wasnt in the movie, it was an elvis promo thing for the movie that was done at the bali ha'i in New Orleans

Ive got one around here somewhere..

[ Edited by: fatuhiva on 2003-08-19 22:49 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies