Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Tiki Travel Park, St. Ignace, MI (other)

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

Name:Tiki Travel Park
Type:other
Street:270 S. Airport Rd.
City:St. Ignace
State:MI
Zip:49781
Phone:

Description:
An RV Park with a Tiki theme in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - "RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF A VACATION PARADISE!"

Not sure what made this RV park Tiki but one would hope for at least the obligatory Easter Island head.

Tattoo, this place has been on my radar for years. I'm planning a trip to Isle Royale National Park this summer and will pass through that area on my way up north. I'll try to swing by and check it out. As far as I remember it is Tiki in name only but a proper investigation is in order. Any Tiki outpost that remote deserves a look. Thanks for posting.

"Anyone who has ever seen them is thereafter haunted as if by a feverish dream" Karl Woermann

[ Edited by: uncle trav 2017-02-19 05:06 ]

UT

Drive by complete. No Tiki or Polynesian theme at all. If it ever had any it is long gone

On 2017-07-07 15:13, uncle trav wrote:
Drive by complete. No Tiki or Polynesian theme at all. If it ever had any it is long gone

Don't you hate that? And it makes you wonder if you would've gotten there just a few years before, would you have still caught something? We sometimes drive around and think about the changing landscape and how a bland area of stripmalls looks like nothing, but if you were there just last year you would've seen a few interesting old bars and buildings, and if you were there just five years ago you would've still caught a cool mid-century high rise and an orange roofed neo-tiki Chinese palace, and fifteen years ago and it just goes on...

I always wonder about what may have been every place I go. One good thing about the UP of Michigan is that it is a bit of a time capsule for old mom and pop motels. I stayed at a few on my trip this June and it was great. Here are some pics of the signs.

OGR

Awesome signs UT!

Pages: 1 5 replies