Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Repro Mr. Bali Hai mugs

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here after many months of lurking.

I have been looking to pick up a Mr. Bali Hai mug for quite some time now, and have been frustrated by the prices I have seen them go for. Believe it or not, a antique shop in St. Paul has one with a $150.00 price tag on it! Anyway, I decided to e-mail the Bali Hai the other day to find out if they would ship the mugs. They said they would so I ordered 2.

That was last Thursday. The mugs arrived today. They were extremely well packaged. The two mugs cost about $30.00 with they shipping.

Since I hadn't seen any info from anyone about these mugs I thought I would share what I learned with you.

Aloha and welcome aboard!
I have a couple of the originals with the concave bottom. I've been thinking about getting some of the new ones to use for guests... How do the new Mr. Bali Hai's look?
Aloha,
:tiki:

Here's a photo of 3 editions:

left: vintage flat bottom; center: current reproduction; right: vintage concave bottom

:tiki:

Welcome to T.C.!
Concaves are where you invest your money.

A Tiki Cheers To You!

Come Have A Drink At Unga's Bar

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-08-19 11:09 ]

L

On 2003-08-18 20:15, Nepenthes wrote:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here after many months of lurking.

I have been looking to pick up a Mr. Bali Hai mug for quite some time now,

Welcome! You may want to pick up some Mini Mr. Bali Hai from Tiki Farm, for shots. They look so cute next to the big guys.

http://www.tikifarm.com/html/balihai.htm

I notice that the Mr. Bali Hai mugs tend to come in pairs, both as shots and when ordering from the restaurant. Is there a reason for this? Other than to sell two rather than one.

I was able to buy just one when I was last at the Bali (back in 2001). Funny though, when I asked the waiter if I could buy a mug, he went up to the bartender and had a 5 minute conversation about it- as if I was asking for some odd request.
-Z

On 2003-09-03 10:27, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
I was able to buy just one when I was last at the Bali (back in 2001). Funny though, when I asked the waiter if I could buy a mug, he went up to the bartender and had a 5 minute conversation about it- as if I was asking for some odd request.
-Z

Just order "A Mr. Bali Hai, with mug." If you don't want to have to drink the Mr. Bali Hai there're plenty of us in San Diego who'll drink it for you!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.