Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Aquarium tank, stand & canopy for sale! New Reduced Price!

Pages: 1 8 replies

We are moving and need to sell our bamboo reef aquarium stand, tank, and canopy. This is an approximately 90 gal reef aquarium setup, beautifully hand made bamboo aquarium stand and canopy for a high end setup where you can use it for a SALTWATER reef aquarium as I have or it is perfectly suited for a FRESHWATER tank as well.

Tank is 48" long x 23" wide x 20" tall. The stand has (2) storage doors in front for the area underneath the tank, (2) holes in the back for access to the equipment underneath. The canopy has (2) hinged doors for access to the tank, and compartments custom made in the back for lights to slide in. A screen across the back ensures no fish can escape by jumping out.

I am asking $800.00 for all 3 pieces, but give me an offer! Located in Murrieta, CA, local pickup is available or if you choose to arrange pickup by a freight company that is acceptable too.

Let me know if you have any questions.

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-04-06 20:49 ]

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-07-15 09:58 ]

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-07-15 10:00 ]

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-07-15 10:05 ]

Okay Tikiphiles, time is ticking, I am lowering the price to $700.00 for the stand, tank & canopy. This is a one of a kind stand and canopy, there are no others. Make me an offer, I need to sell this before I move.

Just to be clear, this is an empty glass aquarium tank, the rock, fish, etc. are not included.

Take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-05-08 21:10 ]

Aloha!!

I am again lowering the price for this glass aquarium tank, stand & canopy. Just to be clear, the aquarium tank is empty, I am showing it with the saltwater setup I had in it but it has been drained and cleaned and is ready for either another saltwater setup or a lovely freshwater tank.

The new price for all 3 is $550.00. As I said earlier, we are moving and I need to sell this as soon as I can so please look at this setup, what a wonderful showpiece to have for your tiki room or living room. Hand built and ready for you to enjoy.

I am in Murrieta, CA, local pickup is welcomed as well as a freight company you can hire.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAMBOO-AQUARIUM-STAND-CANOPY-AND-GLASS-90-GAL-TANK-/192242013870?

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-07-15 10:03 ]

P

I'd be super interested in this, but I live outside Atlanta and I'm afraid the packaging and freight charges would kill me.

Any way you could take a few pictures of under the tank to see the framing and belly of the beast?

On 2017-07-18 07:36, Pugtiki wrote:
I'd be super interested in this, but I live outside Atlanta and I'm afraid the packaging and freight charges would kill me.

Any way you could take a few pictures of under the tank to see the framing and belly of the beast?

I'm not sure how much it would cost, it's not that big and does weigh a lot. I would be happy to wrap the edges with corrugated and wrap the whole thing with stretch wrap for shipping.

What exactly do you want me to take a photo of? The part of the stand that the tank sits on? Let me know, be happy to post more pics.

Mahalo!

P

I'd like to see pictures of the framing under the tank, as well as with the doors open (access). Very interested in what's holding up 900 pounds of water, rocks and fish. Also the tank itself. Is it drilled? Is there a sump? How old is the tank and does it have any cracks or leaks? Lastly, please confirm exact outer dimensions (this may be a tight fit for my available area). Thanks!

Ok, sorry for taking so long, crazy week. Anyway, I took some measurements and additional photos, hopefully this will answer your questions.

Overall dimensions: 51 1/2" wide x 20 1/2" deep x 78" tall

Frame is made of 2 x 4 frame, in all corners and 2 in the center with a 2 x 4 frame top & bottom. The top is make of a thick marine grade plywood. All commercial aquarium stands I've seen are made of the same construction.

Tank was used for saltwater and has an overflow compartment in the back plumbed with 2 returns, 1 on each side with a "toothed" top to filter the surface of the water. The pump was housed in the box, water would enter through the top and returned through the returns adding to good circulation in the tank. The heaters were also housed in the box so you wouldn't have to see them in the tank.

Here are some more photos;

Access doors in the canopy propped open

base doors open showing inside stand

Looking inside the tank

Overflow box inside tank is covered with corraline algae from saltwater tank. This box may be removed easily is desired.

Inside view of stand looking up to the inside top of stand

Inside view of stand looking directly inside at floor of stand.

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-07-22 11:54 ]

P

Thanks very much for the additional pics and info. I did a little checking, and it appears that a freight company is going to run around $450-$525 to get it to me in Georgia. That aside, I'd also end up wanting to modify the bottom for more access and probably beef the frame up as well. So, as much as it sickens me, I'm going to take a pass. It really is very close to what I hope to end up with after a build. If it were more cost effective, or if I knew that I wouldn't have to make any changes, I might take a chance. Just can't bring myself to do it given the circumstances.

Thanks again. I hope you find a good home for it. Best of luck with your move also.

Okay fellow tikiphiles, I am moving to Seattle and the clock is ticking! We have to move in 3 weeks! So I am lowering the price again, I can't believe I'm doing this but I am offering this tank, stand & canopy for $275.00!!!

Act now and get this totally custom stand and canopy that will look awesome in your tiki room!

Mahalo and Aloha!

[ Edited by: Aloha Daddy 2017-09-04 20:57 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies