Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Doorly's Macaw White Rum

Pages: 1 0 replies

A
arbeck posted on Mon, May 1, 2017 1:22 PM

I ran a search and found it mentioned a few places, but no real discussion on it.

I've been keeping two white rums around, but given that I usually only use them for daiquiris, mojitos, and the occasional Mary Pickford; I'm not sure I need two. I've been switching up between Denizen and El Dorado 3. I was at Total Wine and More the other day to replace my Doorly's 12 and I noticed the Doorly's Macaw white. It's the same price as I pay for the Doorly's 5 (my Bajan mixer). It is a little cheaper than Denizen and a lot cheaper than the El Dorado. It's much cheaper than Banks 5 or Cana Brava. It's the same price as Don Q and only a little more than Cruzan or Bacardi.

Does anyone have any experience with this rum? I'm not a huge fan of Spanish style white rums and think the El Dorado 3 and Denizen make a far superior daiquiri than just about anything else I've tried. But this is cheap and widely available near me (only a few stores carry the other two). Was hoping someone had some opinions. I feel like FourSquare wouldn't put out a bad product, but I'd like some input before I buy it.

Pages: 1 0 replies