Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

New Tiki Event in California, is there a market for it?

Pages: 1 11 replies

S

From my calculations there aren't many tiki events in Southern California in the Fall or Winter. The weather in So Cal is mild enough for outdoor events then. How many people would pay an admission fee of $20 per day to attend such an event? I'm thinking of something small like Tiki Beat San Diego which has maybe 300 people tops.

Aloha, Santa. I'd be interested to hear more about a new event. Like one-day?
After Rory's multi-day Mod-PalmSprings (always a delight) in mid-October, not much is going on.

T

Most definitely. The more local events, the better.

S
santa posted on Wed, May 24, 2017 9:19 AM

I mean one day event as a test. I'm curious if its hard to at least break even. For example a winter tiki marketplace at Bali Hai in San Diego. If anyone has experience with this please message me.

[ Edited by: santa 2017-05-24 09:47 ]

Did you make it out to the Tiki Trader market event at the Bali Hai a couple of weeks ago?

It was pretty gangbusters and I hear that more might be being planned.

S

Tiki trader at Bali Hai was awesome. I hear that John is meeting with Tommy at Bali Hai to discuss a repeat in November....

The more the better

I, for one, would love to see more events start happening in Northern California. They're rare as hen's teeth up here.

KD

Yes!!! Especially if there was one in the Sacramento area.

I wouldn't be as interested if it's just another vending event. I'd be more intrigued by a social event, maybe 2-3 days,
with vendors as a side attraction, maybe a featured band or two. If the event is socially-oriented then it's more fun/special.

I'd be interested too. The Cap City Tiki Crawl is the first weekend in October for Sacramento. Then the second weekend in October is Rory's Mod Weekend event, so it would be great if you could avoid those dates.

I agree with 20th century man. There are plenty of vending only events but not enough social events with bands and parties and yes, vending as well. Anything that you could do over the course of a weekend with a host hotel or at least hotels near the event would be great. Anything from October through February would be greatly appreciated. Hope this works out.

Pages: 1 11 replies