Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki-Ti vets: seeking your guidance!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Hello Tiki-Ti vets! My wife and I will be visiting Tiki-Ti for the first time Saturday July 1. We plan on being there between and 3 and 4. My question to the vets, what is the best strategy for avoiding a wait to get in? When we go to Trader Sam's, we get there 30 minutes before they open. Do you have any suggestions for Tiki-Ti newbies on how to avoid an extended wait for getting in?

Assuming that there is not something special going on, they are usually pretty busy when they open at 4 but not crazy busy, (like expect "standing room only" but not necessarily a line at the door) but not typically to the point where you really need to get there an hour ahead of time, 15-20 mins should be fine, unless you really want your pick of where to sit. IMHO the crowd is part of the experience and a lot of the regulars are there early, but if you want a more "mellow" first time, I recommend waiting until 6-6:30 or so. That's usually around the time where the first-wave of folks start heading off to get some dinner and you get an hour or so before the second wave shows up. Don't hold me to it, but that has been my experience. But, like I said, the crowd can be part of the fun.

Whenever you decide to go, be sure to bring cash (they don't take cards, although they do have an atm if you don't mind service fees) and get ready to enjoy one of the finest drinking experiences you've ever had.

[ Edited by: CosmoReverb 2017-06-12 13:25 ]

K

I tend to only go during weekdays and I get there around 330 for opening. Only once was my experience ruined unexpectedly, because there was a giant Tiki Oasis crowd there. I dunno what Saturdays are like, but I would guess if you aim to be parked (bring lots of quarters to be safe) in front of the bar by 330, you would be okaky.

Oooh, good point!

Parking can indeed be a bear. Limited spots of metered parking along a busy street. There is a wee bit of unmetered, side-street parking nearish to the bar, (either around and behind, or down the street by the Jiffy Lube,) but you should be prepared for a fair bit of a hike if you elect to go that route (at least 4-6 blocks I'd guesstiate.)

There is free parking on all the blocks behind Tiki Ti. I usually park there and leave my car for the weekend. You should only have to walk a block if you park by the oil change place.

I get there at 3:30 and make sure to get a seat at the bar. You should be fine with this time frame. Have fun!

Okay, I might've been a wee bit hyperbolic. In my defense, it is a pretty looong block.

(especially after a few Ray's Mistakes...)

:wink:

[ Edited by: CosmoReverb 2017-06-13 13:01 ]

I didn't fully read your post, so my post was not a jab at you. Sorry if it seemed that way. :)

Thanks to all! I will post when we get back to let you know how it went/what we did:)

[ Edited by: arcadiandj 2017-06-22 18:46 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies