Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Sam's

Pages: 1 14 replies

Traveled here from Nashville for biz...Am I crazy ? or is this a fail on several levels- pretty disappointed.
BR

[ Edited by: BambooRadley 2017-08-24 22:14 ]

Well it obviously got you drunk enough to make this post.

Well....maybe if you elaborated ....we could agree or disagree on each "level".....there are things I loved about the place and things I really didn't like

T

On 2017-08-25 02:33, happy buddha wrote:
Well it obviously got you drunk enough to make this post.

Ok THAT is funny!

Your thread title doesn't specify Sam's Orlando or Sam's Anaheim. And there is already a thread for this.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44996&forum=1

Hope you had a decent enough time to have enjoyed SOMETHING there? It's great that the Disney folks who design and build stuff get to express their appreciation for tiki. Your other choice might have been a Polynesian sports bar or something like that....

J

If its Orlando I kind of get the complaints. Their 20,000 Leagues theme really trumps any tiki feel.

I liked Anaheim though.

On 2017-08-25 07:33, JasonMa wrote:
If its Orlando I kind of get the complaints. Their 20,000 Leagues theme really trumps any tiki feel.

Sorry, that's my fault. I love Tiki and I love Jules Verne. They custom built it for me.

On 2017-08-25 07:33, JasonMa wrote:

I liked Anaheim though.

Orlando gets quite noisy and in-your-face at times with the show. The 20,000 Leagues stuff is especially intrusive if you're trying to talk, or if you've already seen it 5 times in the last 10 minutes, heh...

I don't think it's geared towards repeat customers. The people who have the most fun seem to be the first time or infrequent guests. After that it gradually loses its novelty. I will guess that we should expect some "refresh" changes at some point, but not very soon because the show designers have their project lists very full with all the new lands and stuff.

K

Grog Grotto is definitely geared toward a tourist audience and those completely unfamiliar with tiki. Also a 2 minute Uh Oa show gets pretty old pretty quick. But I'd love to hear OP elaborate.

On 2017-08-25 07:53, AceExplorer wrote:

Orlando gets quite noisy and in-your-face at times with the show. The 20,000 Leagues stuff is especially intrusive if you're trying to talk, or if you've already seen it 5 times in the last 10 minutes, heh...

I don't think it's geared towards repeat customers. The people who have the most fun seem to be the first time or infrequent guests. After that it gradually loses its novelty.

That happens in Anaheim too... The first few Krakatoas are funny, but eventually you're all "'scuse me, I'd like to hear my conversation thanks!"

Maybe they need to randomize the effects so that part of the thrill will be whether or not your particular order will set it off :wink:

I

I enjoy the atmosphere at the Orlando Trader Sam's, but the bartenders leave a lot to be desired, personality-wise, and cocktail knowledge-wise.

They should have brought one or two of the excellent bartenders from the Tambu downstairs to mentor the kids running Trader Sam's. Bartenders that know their drinks and that are more than happy (even excited) to pour classic, off-menu cocktails. Bartenders that know how to chat and engage with customers (even when busy) rather than treat them with disdain. YMMV.

On 2017-08-24 22:13, BambooRadley wrote:
Traveled here from Nashville for biz...Am I crazy ? or is this a fail on several levels- pretty disappointed.

Or is he referring to 'Trad'r Sam' (https://critiki.com/location/tradr-sam-san-francisco-157/)?

T

Have been to both Disneyland & Disney World TS's twice each. For me the overall nod would go to TS @ Disneyland.

C

Trader Sam's at Disneyland is fantastic.. I go just about every Saturday night.. It's crowded now and I have to wait for seats these days, damn.. Anyway, they just added new drinks to the menu.. A new menu was printed up because of them.. 3 or 4 new drinks so get down there but not on a Saturday night.. Ha!

when we were there about a year ago, I hate to say I wasn't very impressed with disneylands. wasn't that busy but took forever with the drinks, and mine was way heavy on the rum, ( not normally a problem but...) and no taste. I drank it of course, but sat there making notes on how to fix it. didn't even order my second due to it being almost a hour after we sat down, and just bought the second one in the box.

Pages: 1 14 replies