Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bahi Hut Sign---Relighting the Torches!

Pages: 1 6 replies

R

So stoked, Just got the green light to restore the sign and get the gas torches re-piped to working order. We will have a relight the night event as other places have done when they've similarly restored these types of signs. Shown here in it's before state, rusting and festooned with rope lights.

Cool!!!!

Hooray!!

Such a wonderful place. So glad the new owners are taking pride in its history. Anyone down for a TC meet up there next month?

R

To be clear, it's the same owner as always, but the recent interest in the place has been an eye opener for him and he wants it to be done right. Before November 11 when it will be part of the Sarasota Mod Weekend, we hope to make some progress rebuilding the front overhang to 1954 spec and install two new 8 foot tikis outside.

S

this is so great! if he plans on re-doing the sign faces back to original, i'll donate my time to re-doing the artwork for the sign company - if there is any resource material to go off of

G
GianFU posted on Mon, Oct 9, 2017 5:21 PM

GREETINGS !!

Try the Subtle Improvements as well. See if you can't purchase and install a few colored flood lights (LEDs are costly, but Cost Nothing to Operate!) to restore that external feature. LEDs in the roof canisters will increase colors, and reduce heat and COST.

Also, take a little time and clear and clean under and around vegetation. Maybe Someone can offer to windex all windows to improve ambiance?? I wish I was close enough to help - - Volunteer Restorations are one of my favorite things. I wish you all the very best of luck.

May the Strength of TonRu-Tiki be with you all !!

In Oregon, there are programs that will pay up to 50% of the cost to refit/install LED lighting for almost any commercial project. I’m assuming there would be something similar in Florida.

Pages: 1 6 replies