Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

My new favorite tiki cocktail. Thank you Kevin Upthegrove!

Pages: 1 3 replies

All of the Original 34 Zombie without all of the intoxication. I divided the 1/2 oz of cinnamon syrup into 1/4 cinnamon syrup and 1/4 falernum.

Thank you again Kevin Upthegrove. Hey, have you been to the Undertow in Phoenix yet? If you make it to these parts, let me know and I'll do my best to be there so I can buy your drinks.

Conversation 16
2 oz blended aged rum (Appleton Reserve)
1/2 oz black blended overproof rum (Lemon Hart 151)
3/4 oz fresh lime juice
1/2 oz fresh white grapefruit juice
1/2 oz cinnamon syrup
1/4 oz grenadine
1 dash herbstura (equal parts Herbsaint and Angostura bitters combined in a dasher bottle)

Combine in a shaker tin with ice cubes. Shake and pour unstrained into a BBB Zombie glass, a Collins glass, or a tall tiki mug. Garnish with a mint sprig.

http://5minutesofrum.com/episodes/2017/10/28/episode-75-appleton-21-and-30

I've also been able to do some "compare and contrasts," varying ingredients, that I couldn't do with the 34 Zombie.

Conversation 16
2 oz blended aged rum (Appleton Reserve)
1/2 oz black blended overproof rum (Lemon Hart 151)

I appreciate the rum being listed in "Smuggler's Cove" notation. Makes it easier to try it the way it is intended.

Glad you enjoyed it. I still go back to the '34 Zombie on a regular basis but there are many times where I don't want to be "2 and out" on a Friday night. :)

Using Martin Cate's rum classifications has helped eliminate some ambiguity with brands, but of course it's taken me a year to (mostly) memorize the different categories.

Thanks for listening to the show,

kevin

Pages: 1 3 replies