Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

World wide ohana

Pages: 1 4 replies

T
TU posted on Mon, Feb 5, 2018 5:16 AM

Hey everybody! I teach world geography and i am wondering how many members are from around the world? I have a postcard wall that Mad Dog has contributed to as well. If anyone can help me make geography a little more interesting to your average 14 year old I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks.
John

T

Well as someone who teaches world geography you may want to include in your profile or in this post at least that you are from Colorado USA.

I found your local from one of your old posts, heck you may not live there anymore.

We do have many people from around the world and they would have no idea where you are from, I have sent tiki bar lights all over the world and always thought this was cool.

T
TU posted on Mon, Feb 5, 2018 7:47 AM

Sorry Skip...I didn't mean to confuse anyone. Currently I live in Las Vegas. If anyone would like to add to my wall of postcards, please pm me. Any info or resources from outside the U.S. would also be appreciated. Again, feel free to pm me.
Thank you.
TU

T
TU posted on Tue, Feb 6, 2018 5:32 AM

Thanks for those who offered up post cards!

T

No problem.
I don't put my local in my profile as I don't want a bunch of info out there really but then most TC people know where I'm from.

A fun assignment might be to go to a international grocery store and find some different ingredient that that culture cooks with and show at class, could be extra credit for students.
If nothing else you will get students to experience these cool stores and find new things in the world.
Or feel the hate of a store owner that hopes you are not INS or the health department and just wants you to leave and never come back.

You know the Mr. tiki thing may help your students with this as well.
This will teach them at times the international mail sucks, and at times irresponsible people can suck.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35612&forum=1&632

Pages: 1 4 replies