Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The beginning

Pages: 1 3 replies

T
TU posted on Sun, Apr 29, 2018 8:09 AM

This is where the backyard tiki bar will be. Any suggestions on attaching bamboo and matting to an exterior white stucco wall is greatly appreciated! Any fellow tiki fans in the Las Vegas area are more than welcome to stop by forconstruction and cocktails.

[ Edited by: TU 2018-04-29 08:24 ]

BB

Always excited to see new beginnings!

You may end up having to build out from the stucco wall - furring strips then some thin plywood that you can then more easily attach the other materials to. That would also give you a chance to hide some of that conduit at the same time.

Good luck!

Always exciting to watch a new build. I don't have any suggestions on the stucco however. I think building out from it however is a good suggestions.

Looking forward to progress photos.

I have a very similar spot where I am planning on building (white stucco wall with a patio covering/awning above it.)

I rent so contact cement or molly bolts are out of the question for me. I don't know if it will work, but what I plan on doing is using the wooden base board for the patio covering as an anchor for some brackets to lock the top of a framework in and build my tiki elements off of that frame work. I plan to do some ceiling effects as well and they should serve to cover the brackets.

I have plain earth at the ground so I just plan on staking the bottom of the frame down, but that conduit pipe you have seems like a good anchor for some baling wire for yours. Like I said this is all theoretical, but that's the direction I am going for.

Good luck!

[ Edited by: CosmoReverb 2018-04-30 10:27 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies