Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bahi Hut Rebirth Thread.

Pages: 1 29 replies

R

The Hut is on the right track, thanks in no small part to the folks here that made their voices known. The restoration continues. Today's news:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20180530/rebirth-of-bahi-hut-lounge-tiki-bar-in-sarasota

BIG thumbs up for the efforts of so many and the great results!

I won't mention that on my last visit I took pics of the very plain mens room having read here that it was going to be remodeled...... I will blame the cocktails and the good times for my heinously nerdy behavior. Liz was very proud of the place, all the progress that's been made, and where they're going with all the improvements.

R

The bathrooms are next. I have tapped Kymm Bang to do the artwork for the revamped bathrooms. It will be a couple months more but we are getting there.

Just read the latest article. It's great when a wider audience recognizes a labor of love! I sincerely hope my travels take me to the Bahi Hut to see the great restoration you've helped bring about!

G

I like the name Kymm Bang..... I am sure that the Restroom Restoration will be another success....

On 2018-05-30 08:42, robotiki wrote:
I have tapped Kymm Bang to do the artwork for the revamped bathrooms.

Oh, cool! We just picked up some of her stuff last week! I'm sure she'll come up with something suitably unique and whimsical!

H
Hamo posted on Wed, May 30, 2018 9:47 PM

A very positive article, I agree, and some good photos, too. Great work.

Scott, over on the “clown tiki” thread, you mentioned a final post there since to clown tiki crisis is over. Still, I think tracking the transformation in one place is a good idea, and this is as good a thread as any. Perhaps we could link to all the other Bahi Hut threads in one post here for posterity?

R

A local cable access show came for our Seista Key Rum Thursday last week. Here's their piece:

https://www.facebook.com/129589630816230/videos/vb.129589630816230/448978285544028/?type=2&theater

H

On 2018-06-04 07:29, robotiki wrote:
A local cable access show came for our Seista Key Rum Thursday last week. Here's their piece:

https://www.facebook.com/129589630816230/videos/vb.129589630816230/448978285544028/?type=2&theater

Cool video. I almost made it to the Bai Hai (and planned to hit the Trader Vic's they had, also) a few years ago when I had to go to Sarasota to pick up a XJS I purchased on ebay. Rented a Uhaul to drive out there empty (cheaper than a rental car) and called the guy to pick me up at the uhaul place. Unfortunately, the car wasn't ready and I had to sit at the shop with no wheels for 6 hours while they finished it up and was unable to make it to the Hut. Wish I had, it'd be interesting to compare then and now. I got to try to find a reason to get out that way again.

What can you tell us about the "theme song"? Almost sounds like a vintage radio spot? If so, would you happen to know the year?

howlinowl

R
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.