Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Randy Weston - Uhuru Afrika

Pages: 1 7 replies

I was perusing The Exotica Project when I came across mention of Randy Weston's "Uhuru Afrika" album. I didn't find it on Apple Music which is where I usually preview music, if I can, before I purchase it. I found plenty of $50+ offerings on eBay but without knowing much about it, I don't want to pay that much.

What are your opinions on this album? Is it Exotica? Where can I get a digital copy to preview?

While it has some elements of exotica, it is probably closer to jazz, BUT still a fun listen! I will DM you a link.

I dig this! Good recommendation. I went to the discogs page for the LP and there are some youtube links, it sounds great. Plus Kenny Burrell on guitar, one of the best.

I like it! I'll look for it at my favorite record store.

This album was reissued as one half of the 70s twofer Bantu, part of Roulette's "Echoes of an Era" series. This can be obtained for far less than an original copy. There are several on eBay right now.

https://www.discogs.com/Randy-Weston-Bantu/release/8611322

[ Edited by: StolenIdols 2018-06-17 09:12 ]

[ Edited by: StolenIdols 2018-06-17 11:01 ]

On 2018-06-17 06:50, StolenIdols wrote:
This album was reissued as one half of the 70s twofer Bantu, part of Roulette's "Echoes of an Era" series. This can be obtained for far less than an original copy. There are several on eBay right now.

Thank you for the tip. I'll search for that on eBay.

On 2018-06-19 16:30, Scott McGerik wrote:

Thank you for the tip. I'll search for that on eBay.

You are welcome. It is a killer album; Let us know what you think.

M
MrFab posted on Wed, Sep 5, 2018 11:09 AM

Pages: 1 7 replies