Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Denver July 21-29

Pages: 1 6 replies

Will be in the Denver area with TornadoTiki for about a week starting this Friday. Already have Adrift and Hidden Idol on the list, but was just wanting to hear from the Tiki Central folks about tiki and/or just great cocktail suggestions.

T

If you dig heavily themed restaurants, look up Casa Bonita...not Tiki and the food mostly sucks, but it is an amazing immersive environment with faux caves, waterfalls, and even an indoor cliff diving show with a guy in a gorilla suit.
:)

Have fun,

Jeff

T

Aack... just realized you're not there anymore. Oh well... next time!

H

Yes tikitube, Casa Bonita! Although (as tikitube pointed out ) it's already past TikiHardBop's Denver trip and this place isn't really Tiki and this place does not have great cocktails, I will always give Casa Bonita a positive plug!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40915&forum=6

Not a problem. Ended up having a great time and great drinks at Adrift followed by a nightcap at Beatrice & Woodsley.

Also hit Pint's Pub a couple of times that has great food and a spectacular whisky collection.

Met a fellow tiki-phile from South Florida with his family at Bang Up To The Elephant. More Caribbean than tiki, but not bad. Then did Hudson Hill around the corner for a nightcap.

Had a respectable Zombie and lots of gin at Stueben's. Had good food and mezcal at Los Chingones and more cocktails at Death & Co. Across the street. Can also recommend 100% de Agave for tequila and 9th Door Capitol Hill for tapas and a beet Negroni.

But other than that...

Not a problem. Ended up having a great time and great drinks at Adrift followed by a nightcap at Beatrice & Woodsley.

Also hit Pint's Pub a couple of times that has great food and a spectacular whisky collection.

Met a fellow tiki-phile from South Florida with his family at Bang Up To The Elephant. More Caribbean than tiki, but not bad. Then did Hudson Hill around the corner for a nightcap.

Had a respectable Zombie and lots of gin at Stueben's. Had good food and mezcal at Los Chingones and more cocktails at Death & Co. Across the street. Can also recommend 100% de Agave for tequila and 9th Door Capitol Hill for tapas and a beet Negroni.

But other than that...

On 2018-08-02 09:06, TikiHardBop wrote:

Pints Pub is a gem. Hard not to get giddy at the sight of all those bottles hanging above the bar, and they've some of the best cask-conditioned ale I've ever had here or in England (try the Dark Star, it's wonderful!). We stumbled across it by accident and ended up going every single day to start our day.

We also hit up The Cruise Room in The Oxford Hotel, about a block from Union Station, right when they opened one day. Absolutely amazing, like you've stepped back into 1920s art deco New York. A fully immersive experience. I had a fantastic daiquiri, just perfectly balanced. My mates wanted to try one as well and accidentally said "mai tai" instead. When they corrected themselves, the server said, "If you want a mai tai, we'll make you a mai tai! Doesn't matter if it's not on the menu." Out came a gorgeous island-style mai tai that they enjoyed so much, they ordered another. I had a Sazerac, a daiquiri, a whiskey sour, and a Manhattan and each one was exemplary. A fantastic experience all around.

Pages: 1 6 replies